Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Flights from Scotland to Austria

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Trying to get a friend from Edinburgh to Vorarlberg and having a nighmare finding cheap/direct flights!! does anyone have any experience with this?

For info the nearest airports are:

Friedrichshafen
Zurich
Innsbruck
Munich
Memmingen

Cheers, Matt
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Dont Easyjet do Munich from Edinburgh.
A friend often does KLM to Munich via Amsterdam.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
how the hell did i miss that! was typing in Memmingen like a Ryan air fool!

no flights on the desired day but that's now my problem, case closed I will leave everyone alone now!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
dulcamara, In January this year I went from Edinburgh to Innsbruck and thence to St Anton with Crystal without using their accommodation (I'd already booked into a chalet and was hunting around for transport to get there). The total price was only somewhere about £150 return - certainly less than if I'd used Sleazyjet to Munich etc.

Discovered another advantage of that deal when I got to Innsbruck - Crystal were responsible for getting me to St A, when the road had been closed with an avalanche. If I'd been DIY it would probably have been 2 days later before I got to St A and I would have had to pay for the cost of overnight etc accommodation.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I often flew Aberdeen-Amsterdam (or Frankfurt)-Munich with KLM when studying in Aberdeen, was usually the cheapest route. Usually less than an hour in Amsterdam, does it really need to be direct?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
In my experience the Easyjet flight Edinburgh-Munich is very satisfactory but it still leaves a long trip to the Vorarlberg (by train, hire car or transfer service). deerman's suggestion sounds better if you can manage it.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The Tui flight from Edinburgh to Innsbruck is probably the most convenient if bit the cheapest option. Won't get it inline but by phoning crystal/Thompson. Only do Saturdays though so don't know if this suits it not. And like deerman, says it can be useful if snow causing issues at Innsbruck - which had only given us issues in one out of 20 times in/out if Innsbruck.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
dulcamara,
Easyjet also do Edinburgh Basel which may work.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy