Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Is the ski slalom rapidgate about to be re-revolutionised?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
... by the same man - Stefan Dag - who invented the rapidgate more than 30 years ago?

The Aspen Times reports on his mission to reduce impact injuries:

http://www.aspentimes.com/article/20121124/SPORTS/121129915/1077&ParentProfile=1058

Info from the factory:

http://airkipp.com/Press.php
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Looks an interesting product...

In theory it makes all sense, but i can see it being a while before it's taken onto the WC stage.

They look huge...like tree trunks.

Not sure many of the Companies making protective gear will be happy either.

I wonder what noise they make when you hit them? I quiet like the noise we have now.

This is a bit like being converted from Cork to screwcap.... Laughing
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Airkipp is on YouTube, because it is a tube

http://youtube.com/v/vENztZ70Hx8
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Would be interesting to how they react to different straddle situations.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Seems a bit like the airbeam design used for some tent frames these days (Vango I think).
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hmm looking at the prices the poles themselves are not too bad but you have the "Required" Drill bit a mere $390 and the "Required" compressor and battery pack for $417 which if you don't use either invalidates your warranty, each pole is between $68 and $69 depending on how many you buy.

By comparison a regular flexi pole is about 33 Euros a 35mm Dia Drill bit 117 Euros and an extractor key 129 Euros, also the regular poles can be picked up in a big bundle taken back and shoved in the store the inflatable poles have to be individually hung out so that any condensation can drain out,

In principle then the inflatable poles are probably a good idea, but unless they can reduce the costs I can't see them catching on at entry level where they'd be really useful.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Breaking... Makers of the traditional slalom pole are said to be quite deflated about the prospect of Airkipp being adopted.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Very portable, so coaches would be happy to cart them around. What happens if you get a puncture?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rob@rar, Apparently they will sell a puncture repair kit, but they do say you can't wear body armour, wrist protectors or other sharp edged guards that might rip the tubes, also they say that the tubes can take skis hitting them (I think bases are probably reinforced) but I suspect that a skier that falls and then slides into a few of these will slice them to bits.

The positives are the light weight and no significant impact damage when hit, the negatives are cost, possibly easy to damage and the fact that you need to lug a compressor around as well as a drill
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
condensation just a preventative measure for long term storage...not a big issue
compressor light powerful and user friendly...drill is used just as usual just better
and why would you want to wear armour anyway??
sound is still there just not as offensive as the freight train sound now
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy