Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hippach-Mayrfhofen Ski area.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello people,

I am planning a ski trip for a bunch of youngish people, all under 30 years old. I have been searching for some accommodation in mayrhofen as some friends went last year and said it was really nice. I have found a pretty decent deal to Hippach. I can't seem to find much info about Hippach on the web.

How close is Hippach to mayrhofen, will it be possible to go out for a drink in the evening and get back to hippach easily? Also is there much in Hippach like supermarkets and cheap places to eat etc.

Any help is much appreciated.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It's not that far from Mayrhofen but probably too far to walk. You will have to rely on public transport (if it runs in the evening) and taxis to get back. See below reply I got a while back after asking for info on Hippach:

"Yes, Hippach is a relatively small place.

A Church,several restaurants , a pizzas place -open only late afternoon and evenings.

Further down hill is a gift shop - train station and then to a corner of the main road in the Zillertsl - several banks and shops there. Perhaps a Tabac - do not remember -

Several tabacs in Mayrhofen including one at the train station Usual things newspapers including international editions , lotto tickets, cigarettes

Mayrhofen all types of shops , supermarkets , sport shops etc.

Mayrhofen is just a short distsance - nice walk if you wish or Zillertsal train or bus

Late night return - probably best by taxi - this a short quick ride.

and

No problem to go to hotel bars as a non guest .

But you have everything from Kroll pastry cafe , to the Mariandl cafe, restaurant near the river to the Ramba Zamba Bar ( only know it in winter but probably ok weekends ) in village center Sports on TV there too sometimes."
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Tomo54, Hippach is about 5km from Mayrhofen.
Have a look on this website for information about bus times etc. http://www.mayrhofen.at/en/101029/101107/101148/hippach.html
From Hippach the nearest gondola to access the Mayrhofen ski area is the Hoarbergbahn. It's normally a quieter way into the system than from Mayrhofen. There are a couple of apres ski bars at the bottom of the Hoarberg lift but if you want to go out in Mayrhofen you would probably need taxis to get home.
Taxis around here are normally 8 seater minibuses. They have a flat rate up to 4 people, then a per person price above that... It is usually quite reasonable once you have more than 4 people.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for your replies.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi, have you been yet?
A group of us are in the same situation (staying in ramsau/hippach area) and wondering what it will be like with nightlife and such.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
niagwawr, It is quieter but much easier to get into the ski area. A very short taxi ride will get you into "Party Central". The taxis are relatively cheap for short journeys and shared it comes out even cheaper still.

I prefer the look of Hippach/Ramsau, all the advantages of Mayrhofen but none of the hang ups or downsides! Go for it Toofy Grin
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
niagwawr

we stayed in Ramsau last jan (Hotel Ramsuahoff). No nightlife what so ever in Ramsua that we found, but that did not bother us as we usually just have a few apres drinks after skiing then back to the hotel for food and a few more beers in the hotel bar before bed ( getting too old now to party all night:-) ) a few bars with apres at the top of the Horbergbahn lift and also at the base (close to the bus stops) This was enough for us before heading back to the hotel.

Ramsua was great for ease of getting to the slopes of either Mayerhofen (5 min free bus to the quite side of the Penken ski area lifts -we had no ques) or 2 min walk to train stop that can take you from one end of the valley to the other.

Another Free ski bus in Ramsua also goes to Zell am Ziller which you can then ski link over to Gerlos etc

We had no problems in travelling around the different areas whilst staying in Ramsau. In a week we skied 2 days in Zell am ziller & Gerlos. 1 half day in Hintertux, plus 3 and a half days in all the Mayerhofen areas inc eggalm etc. Loved the place and one we will deffo be back too.

Buses do tend to run loads in the mornings, then nothing mid afternoon. Then a good few end of the day return runs (but not late at night) to take you back from the slopes too Ramsua or Hippach.

The Train from the station in Ramsua goes into Mayerhofen or vice versa, but does not run late into the night off memory. So getting to Mayerhofen would not be the problem but getting back later at night would require a taxi once the train has stopped running.

Most of the hotels have train and bus time tables and are very easy to figure out.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've never stayed in Zillertal but it was a favourite day trip from Munich. Have a look at Zell am Ziller, it's a bit bigger (as far as i remember) and it's a good sized area too. Also worth skiing is Kaltenbach which links up with the Hochzillertal area and there is some good skiing to be had up there. If skiing Kaltenbach, I'd recommend downloading at the end of the day. There's a long, narrow red (the "Stephan Eberharter piste" I think) to the bottom which is over-packed with all sorts of unsuitable skiers, the worst being the p*ssed ones. I've had 2 friends nastily wiped out on it.

The train, buses and then for late nights, taxis should do the trick for getting about. Just takes a little planning.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy