Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Plan day 1 in Serre Chevalier for me

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm excited about ski trip 1 even though it's not for 2 months Very Happy Going to Serre Che with UCPA to do the 'grade traces' course at the end of Jan.

As I've never been to Serre Che before I was hoping someone knowledgeable could suggest a few key runs / areas to hit up on the Sunday when it is free skiing and no tuition.

I'm a boarder, pretty decent and would be looking to have a warm up exploratory day with some blues, reds and moving onto some blacks in the afternoon once I've got back into it. Oh, I really like having 'big days out' and get to the highest point, or the furthest point or something. Staying in Villeneuve so uploading (and hopefulyl returning!) to there.

What would be the best lift to take up to start of with a nice fun blue to warm up with?
Le Prorel down to Briancon looks quite exciting? What is Tabuc (black run to the R down in the trees) like? Looks like a walk at the end to get to a lift?

So, what should I hit up on day 1 and in what order Very Happy Thank you!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Been there on my first week of boarding so not exactly in position to say a lot, but
I would head to the right side of piste map - Cucumell red run under new Vallons chair and then up and down on blues and reds to Monetrier (my favourite part). Not sure now but coming back you might have to use drags or narrow cat tracks.
On the other side I liked runs under Prorel chair and Clot Gauthier.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kat.ryb, from UCPA, the closest lift is either Casse du Boeuf chair or the Aravet gondola. I would take the chair up to the bowl above the Casse du boeuf, and play around there to warm up. Plenty of gentle runs. Next head down to the Vallons du Cucumelle chairlift. TRip across to Monetier is a track from the top of there (not sure how boarders feel about that), then down to the three chairlifts above Monetier. Use the two right hand side ones (Tabuc goes from here too but is often shut) to access blues, reds and blacks. Depending on time, head back via Yret and cucumelle lifts to the Cucumelle red. Ski down the red Le Bez back to Villeneuve. If you have plenty of time take the lower runs of the Monetier section (head right accross the drag lift and La Stade for the quietest pistes, although I don't expect it to be busy in January. The Les Eduits area above CHantemerle (take Prorel chair to access) has some great pistes and are usually quiet. CHair back up is very slow and a pain, but well worth the effort for the tree skiing and quiet slopes. You could then head back up and take the red down Prorel to Briancon.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

Cucumell red run under new Vallons chair

Ah that does look nice (as far as I can tell from a red lin on a map...)

Cheers
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Looking at the piste map now I would actually do this Wink
Aravet gondola, followed by Foret chair and then ski down (on blue or red) to Foret chair and up again.
Then down on one of the runs under Cote Chevalier chair.
Take Clote Gauthier chair and ski back to it on red. Take it again but take blue to the right Sellettes and ride all the way down to new Vallons chair.
Down under the same chair to ride red Cucumelle. Up again and then right to the runs above Monetrier village.
Blue Eyechauda is great then take Yret chair to the top.
So you can board all the way down to the village if the snow is good. Long and great run. We always kept to the left of the piste map on blue Rochamount.

Ech, I am bored at work Wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hells Bells, thanks - that's some really good info. Think you've planned a full day there pretty much. snowHead

I don't mind narrow tracks as long as there is enough incline to keep going on them and they aren't too busy.

I need to do some piste map studying with your suggestions Hells Bells and Tom W. I got some suggestions before I went to Val T last year and it was lovely to start off on day 1 with a plan and check out some good areas rather than the normal day 1 mediocrity.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kat.ryb, I guess our suggestions are actually quite close Wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
+1 what Hells Bells and Tom W, suggests. You will love it. There is a snowpark over in the vicinity of the Foret Chair which our two boarder chums spent loads of time in last year. You can use a drag to get back up if you don't fancy doing the run all the way down to the bottom of the lift again. Cucumelle defintely worth a run down too - wide with lots of pootly/gnarly just-off piste adventures to be had. For views, you could try going up the Yret cfhair which is the highest point in the resort and the red down from there is wide and gives great views. It also brings you out back to the link 'leg dangler' lift back up to the top of the Cucumelle that would take you over to the Villeneuve sector [Bez run].
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy