Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Rosiere / La Thuile

Poster: A snowHead
Any reports so far from people in the area? Been checking the web cams daily. Only two weeks or so until I fly out...
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://www.ilmeteo.it/meteo/La+Thuile

http://www.lathuile.net/previsioni.asp?id=22&l=3&s=I

Looking better....
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Certainly is! Im extremely excited now. Should be a good first week.

Wonder what depth it is up top.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Any updates for this area from snowHead
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
parkesy,

When you there, we head out for 2nd Feb for 1 week, staying in Les Eucherts in La Ros
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I'll give you aa update next week , heading out on Saturday to La thuile Smile
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Curtains,

Marvellous
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It was fantastic over Xmas.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
13 sleeps to go.
Glad someone's made a La Ros posting.
Go on give us an update. Laughing
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Some snowHead must be out there at the moment.

Also is anyone having a problem with the La Ros Webcams, when i click live it all goes Pete Tong
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Lovely area has advantage when leading that the pylons change colour from red white and blue to red white and green to show you are in LaT or LaR very useful at times rolling eyes
Ski black 3 in LaT; as the manager put it when I said I had skied it home "for f#ck sake you didn't take clients down it did you?" there is a good gelato bar opposite the cable car station does very good sunrises as well.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The only problem is my alternator seems to have died and having made it into work, im not going to get home easily later Sad

So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
anyone in La Ros at the mo? How's it shaping up?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Not there until Easter weekend but snow base is 270cm at resort level, some weather sites reporting powder off piste and excellent piste conditions, more snow forecast this week and possibly into next weekend too.............
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
nice, same, think we're gonna head out next weekend (haven't 100% booked yet); just keeping an eye on conditions as want to make sure it's not too warm! however, as you say, the base etc there is great, so even if its warm, it should be good.

ol
ski holidays
Quote:

even if its warm, it should be good

the problem could be rain. At present Meteo France are forecasting solid rain for La Rosiere (as many other places) from Thursday. But they are often wrong!!
latest report
fingers crossed they are..but yea that's why I'm kinda holding off booking at the moment. Hoping the forecast turns colder!!
ski holidays
all booked for saturday..anyone out there at mo, pls keep the latest reports coming!
ski holidays
Heading to la Thuile on Sunday, really hoping that forecast is wrong pam!!!
Not seen rain forecast by anyone else, so fingers crossed....
latest report
We came back from La Rosiere on Saturday

The weather was steadily warming up through the week but after a lot of snow in the first part of the week the snow base is still pretty good. The runs were getting a little slushy in the afternoons but there is still plenty of snow there!

The offpiste in La Thuile was waist deep in places - I know because I did a forward roll in it and then struggled to get out...

We checked the weather forecast each day but it varied quite a lot as there is a lot of wind in the area and I guess the weather can change very quickly (I am no weather expert)

I'm sure it will be fine there! Enjoy! Oh there's great pizza at the halfway station on the chaz dura express in La Thuile
latest report
Oooooooh, waist deep huh??? That means it'll be up to the OH's elbows. Might be the best ski hol ever, she might have to keep her trap shut now and again wink wink
Seriously tho' it's sounding good and I can't wait. Was there about 3 yrs ago and the food on the mountain was very good and a good pizza tip is always welcome. The black back to resort was shut due to lack of snow when we arrived so hopefully it will be open this time.

maidstone98, maybe see you there ......
latest report
Quote:

Oooooooh, waist deep huh??? That means it'll be up to the OH's elbows.

your OH must be a funny shape, dode, if her elbows are a very different height from her waist. wink
latest report
I meant my waist = her elbows Very Happy
snow report
Hang on I see wot u mean Embarassed
snow report
dode, pam w, maybe elbows was an euphemism for something higher up (or lower down????) Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions
snowyowl, you could be right Shocked
snow report
Hi, am heading out tomorrow, driving, am sooo loooking forward to it. Weather looks like remaining coldish as blocking high over N. Europe seems to be staying put for a while longer. Little Angel Maybe see some of you out there - will have my snowheads scarf on!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

Hang on I see wot u mean

Laughing Laughing Laughing Hope you have a good time, wherever the snow gets up to.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Cheers Pam, can't wait I'm sure the snow will get up to no good as usual Smile 1 day of work to go. Don't have any snowheads gear Sad but will have my 'Look' hat on. Will keep an eye out for a snowheads scarf, if a bombardino arrives from a stranger it might be me snowHead
snow conditions
Your on, dode! Will look out for your hat - sorry, could't resist! snowHead
ski holidays
i'll be there in a bright green north face jacket from sunday with the Mrs. Say hi if you see us!
ski holidays
maidstone98, will do
ski holidays
It snowed down to 600m in the main valley yesterday (not quite forecast..) so there should be a bit more at La Thuile!

PS: My best day of the season was at La Thuile/La Rosiere, and even though it's warmer now, if you have the ability to get up earlier than I can manage the morning snow should be fine!
latest report
When I left Bourg - that's 800m - on Saturday morning it was pouring with rain. The snow earlier in the week at low levels was a one off and only lasted for an hour or so before it turned to the rain/drizzle that had fell every day but one in the past seven days.

Good luck with La Rosiere in these conditions - loads of slushy snow on the lower slopes, loads of real snow higher up.
ski holidays
Arrived in La Ros today, cloud lifting and sunny spells at the moment - supposed to be brighter in the morning. Lots of snow, seems a bit wet at resort level. No rain though and temps keeping it around freezing point and below for now
latest report
Amazing day here in La Ros; snowing til about midday and visibilty was a bit sketchy, but snow everywhere..off piste was/is cracking!! Enjoy people!
snow conditions
Lots of sunshine across La Ros and La Thuile today, wind in La Ros was extreme at times but well worth the trip into Italy where wind dropped, especially on the Suches side and into the resort. Snow conditions held up well, usual icy start but softened up and ended up very skiable even by 4pm. Windy at resort level just now, hope it drops by tomorrow. Barely a queue - most was 5 mins at La Fourclaz
snow report
Lovely day on both sides today, very hot, snow held up well. Bit of snow now. Empty pistes all day too !
ski holidays
Very foggy in La Ros first thing today, plan of going 'high' worked well as the sun was blazing hot above 2000m and all into La Thuile. Seems like we have done well to get 3 sunny days in a row, looks like snow on the way with some cloud. Snow cover still excellent, most snow is holding firm, some slush lower down but seen much worse...
snow report
Quite a change in conditions today, cloud, ice everywhere, Italy was apparently worse off. Looks like we did as most others chose to and came off the slopes early. Therein lies the problem of taking the kids skiing, youngest lost her mojo on the ice - took me an hour to coax her down Tetras. And this from someone who was happily skiing blacks and reds for the past 3 days. Takes after her mother for only wanting to go out in the sun and when the snow is soft.

I just take the long term view, shave 1/2 day skiing off the holiday, keep the family happy and live to fight another day and make up for it on the next ski trip !

Think we have seen the end of sunshine until maybe Sat am
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy