Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Please take part in this undergraduate study.

Poster: A snowHead
Have you ever wondered why certain people just don’t enjoy thrills the same as you? We are conducting an experiment to try and figure out what causes people to take risks in high risk sports. This survey will only take 10mins and will help me to do my 3rd year project at uni. Also there is a prize draw at the end if you need further incentive. Please click the link below to take part, if you cannot click on the link simply open a new tab on your browser and enter the link into the search bar. Thank you.

https://survey.psychology.bangor.ac.uk/mediation
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
mmilton.05saa, Matthew, I'm writing to your department head about this. we have no problem in responding to intelligent and resource value questions . . . and I can understand that you don't have the time to research back through this site to make comparisons with prior efforts of this type . . .

What we really get hacked off with is crass, intellectually prurient, pre-disposed ѕhite, masquerading as University level research . . . if GCSE level curiosity is what you consider to be the nadir then you are attending a college that has either an inability to teach you to think with analytically independence or you are just a lazy fookwit who's happy to embrace that incompetence.

of course . . this may just be a PHIshing expedition to get our details . . . you've been warned

Mods . . KIll this now.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
done, can I have my £50 now please? Razz
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I do not take your criticism kindly. This research is being supervised by the head of the sport science department at the University and has fully supported this research. As I understand your frustration, I am not happy in the way you have not only been incredibly rude about my research project but my intellect also. I can accept criticism of my work but when it is so rudely put like this is its just insulting. I am simply trying to gain a vast majority of participants and to do so need to post in briefly in many forums. I apologise if I have upset you in any way however I was never expecting to be insulted in my attempt to gain participants.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
mmilton.05saa, Your research project is crude with a pre-defined limit to to results . . . it is also a regurgitation of a previous project.

Grow up, grow some intellectual curiosity and grow a thicker skin . . . the World knows you're a lazy juvenile dick . . . prove it wrong and you'll do well
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Straight question here, just what hypothesis are you exploring? If it is the one the questionnaire seems to be driving at it seems a selection of questions aimed a proving the hypothesis rather than testing it. Look hard enough for supporting evidence and you will certainly find it but that isn't quite sound research methodology!

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Mon 10-12-12 21:34; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
mmilton.05saa, I may be a burgundy boogered sexagenarian with a life that has embraced more high risk (Gawd she was scary Shocked ) than you have questions for but do you have any concept that your "survey" has been posted before by a Bangor student? . . . and was deservedly roasted then.

It's not just you being completely ignorant/lazy/enamored by your prof . . . take yer pick . . . but the demonstrable fact that your study supervisor is getting you to reproduce the same crap that appeared last year.

Look at your questions, widen the answer range to include the real world rather than just the criteria you want to focus on and grow a set of balls. Your job in college is to listen, absorb, evaluate and question . . . not just to go 'baaaaaa' when the guy at the lectern says 'bleat' rolling eyes
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

Your research project is crude with a pre-defined limit to to results . . . it is also a regurgitation of a previous project.

Its TOTAL crap that survey. I can't believe your supervisor has actually let you get away with that.

It's boring. It's been done a million times before and is about as unoriginal as you can get. The survey is not designed to any kind of acceptable standard.

Why is it always bangor students that post this crap? Probably some lazy tutor re-hashing last years list of 'suggested' topics.

mmilton.05saa also why did you post on several boards of the same forum. If you're of the age ot use the internet you know that's bad etiquette.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Masque wrote:
mmilton.05saa, Matthew, I'm writing to your department head about this. we have no problem in responding to intelligent and resource value questions . . . and I can understand that you don't have the time to research back through this site to make comparisons with prior efforts of this type . . .

What we really get hacked off with is crass, intellectually prurient, pre-disposed ѕhite, masquerading as University level research . . . if GCSE level curiosity is what you consider to be the nadir then you are attending a college that has either an inability to teach you to think with analytically independence or you are just a lazy fookwit who's happy to embrace that incompetence.

of course . . this may just be a PHIshing expedition to get our details . . . you've been warned

Mods . . KIll this now.

Um. are you sure. There is a certain piquancy in your prose which has a certain charm Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
achilles, Come on . . . you know I'm completely charmless rolling eyes
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
mmilton.05saa, why don't you just email the poster of the same questionnaire last year for his answers?

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=76967#1799102
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Masque, did you ever hear from psu's supevisor?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ray Zorro wrote:
mmilton.05saa, why don't you just email the poster of the same questionnaire last year for his answers?

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=76967#1799102

Good work, there's not many that can make the snowHead search work so well Toofy Grin
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
A particular tutor has an area of research interest. The student is obliged to do a study within that area, using a tried and tested questionnaire (the latter sections of the questionnaire posted) and the student has to form a hypothesis that has to be different from what others are doing or have done, but presumably differs so slightly in this case it seems it is exactly the same. The first page of questions are the student's creation. They will have been approved by the tutor. No need to personally insult the kid. If you actually want them to listen to your point of view and understand what you are trying to say, insulting them and their project from the off is completely pointless.

But really, if you don't understand why the tutor has approved this questionnaire then contact them. Their name is included on the front page and their contact details pop straight up on google.

Posting multiple times in different areas of the forum was an error. Ordinarily they would be deleted but, of course, in this case people are having "fun" so a moderator has decided to leave them there.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
miranda, spot on, in every detail.
snow report
Sports science, up there with Media Studies, Holistic Medicine and Apple Genius.
snow report
Masque, I kinda agree with you but - as pointed out above - he doesn't really get a free rein so cut him some slack. Also research has a 'sell by' date in certain respects so repeating the questions not only increases the sample size it also can reveal trends about changes in the set. So repeating the questions does have a scientific value (assuming it's validated/correlated correctly). The first question should be - 'have you participated in one of these surveys previously?'

I didn't fill in the survey as I feel it is a little too simplistic so I agree with your 'widen the answer range to include the real world' point BUT the research may have a limited scope so I can see reasons for keeping the range narrow. My problem with the survey is that I cannot see rational answers being given in certain circumstances because of the way the questions are phrased. I do/did all of the activities listed at one time or another, many concurrently. I tend not to ski in the summer and not to mountain bike in the winter. If I choose one sport e.g. mountain biking but am currently in a full body cast because of a mountaineering accident then I would be forced to give answers relating to mountain biking (one, non-serious injury) whilst peeing blood. It makes no sense.

OP - I suggest that you take a long, hard look at what you are actually trying to achieve (assuming Phishing is not the sport in which you are currently participating) and discuss amending that survey with your supervisor. As it stands, I think the data gathered is too skewed to be relied upon for anything.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy