Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Swiss side of Geneva airport and Hertz

Poster: A snowHead
We are Flying from Dublin to Geneva

Hi We have booked a car from Hertz Geneva, on the "Swiss side"

Is there two different offices in airport for Hertz, one Fr and one Sui

Is the paperwork sorted out in airport Hertz office (if there is one)

or in a Hertz office situated in car hire car park (some distance from terminal)

Returning the car , several days later, from Annecy , is there a choice of car hire drops for Hertz, ie one Sui and one FR, or just one car park for both.

PS will have a sat nav, but the sat nav by default will just bring me to Geneva airport terminal, I suspect

Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You'll need to dop off on the Swiss side if you hired from there.

This is actually more convenient anyway as it is motorway all the way in - French side is via back roads through villages.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
dublin2, There is a small part of Geneva airport that is French territory. It has separate hire car desks and parking.

As you have hired from the Swiss side, it is easy.

Turn right when you enter the arrivals hall, past Montreux Jazz Cafe, and it is 100 mts to the hire car hall. Do your paperwork, then catch a shuttle bus to the P51 car park where the cars are stored.
On Return from Annecy, come off the autoroute at the airport exit, follow round over the motorway to arrivals/departures, but go past them on the upper level, then P51 is on your right, there is an Agip petrol station before the entrance.

Have agreat holiday.
ApexPaul.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
dublin2, There are loads of threads on this. But in brief yes there are two different offices, one fr FR and one for CH. you have booked CH therefore collect your luggage, exit the luggage hall and turn right and walk about as far as you can, the car hire desks are all there right at the end of the terminal. You do your paperwork there, then you walk or take a mini bus shuttle to the car park to actually pickup your car. Tip, walk if it's busy as its not far, the bus drops you off at the far end of the carpark anyway and it's more hassle to load and unload yourself onto the bus than just to push your trolley across there. Returning your car, you return it to the same garage you collected it from, which is P51 Swiss side.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
dublin2, yes, there are two offices, completely separate (different currencies etc etc). But the "Swiss side" is the international side, and where you will be taken by road signs, and where you will arrive on an international flight. Far easier to find when you return (though you don't have to get to the French side through back roads and villages unless your immigration status prohibits entry into Switzerland; it's two minutes from the motorway but a different exit).

Very easy to get in and out of the international airport to and from French resorts. Come out of the airport and follow the road signs to "FRANCE".

Yes, the car hire on the Swiss/international side is now a little way from the airport. An easy walk, but there are shuttles.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
And it really is no distance to walk along to the car park - if its really busy you can always leave other members of your party with luggage to take th shuttle bus and you can whizz along on foot and be doing the actual collection of the car so you are nearer ready to go when the shuttle bus arrives.
We were there on Tuesday and the bus drove off from the car park just as we arrived, so rather than wait the ten minutes for another one we just walked and arrived shortly after it had dropped off the passengers.
Don't forget that you will need 2 euro coins if you need luggage trollies at the airport. You do get them back!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Pamski wrote:
Don't forget that you will need 2 euro coins if you need luggage trollies at the airport.

Or a British 2p wink
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks folks, appreciated
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Raceplate wrote:
Pamski wrote:
Don't forget that you will need 2 euro coins if you need luggage trollies at the airport.

Or a British 2p wink

I can confirm this little wheeze. Works perfectly.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
What a brilliant bit of info !!!
2p P coin I must take a load!

If anyone is interested our local swimming pool takes €1 or 1 Canadian dollar rather than £1 coin on the lockers ..
You don't save much but at least you'll always have the right change in our bag!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
dublin2, ....big difference is that during the season you will have a car with winter tyres from the Swiss side and not from the French side; you will also have a vignette for Swiss motorways. Both these are important - you can save by renting from the French side and then lose all the saving through having to buy a vignette and snowchains....
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The winter tyres thing is a lottery. I know people who've been charged extra from the Swiss side in Feb.

Vignette will probably be there though. Probably.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Must get my hand on some 2p coins, handy for the toll booths in Ireland Smile
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
dublin2, I don't think so. They work at GVA because the trolleys take a 2 CHF coin, not a 2 EUR coin such as you Oirish have, to be sure.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

I know people who've been charged extra from the Swiss side in Feb.

So do I. But at least you'll get snow tyres. sometimes on the French side you can't even get chains, even if you've tried to order them in advance.
latest report
We were charged 8 Swiss francs a day for winter tyres on the car we hired for a few days from Geneva last week, we did know in advance so not a surprise.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy