Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The latest airline genius

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
well, that I've heard of anyway. How about monetising those annoying empty seats on a flight?

Virgin Atlantic wrote

Quote:
If you’re ever curious about who you’ll be sat next to onboard your flight, now you can know for sure with our new Seat Plus.

It resolves the question by giving you the seat. All that extra space, comfort, and privacy is yours to enjoy however you decide. Want even more space? Then book a Seat Plus for each person in your group and get a whole row to yourselves.

Seat Plus is exclusive to Economy flyers, and there are many ways to enjoy it, all depending on who you’re travelling with…
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
fatbob, just got an email about that. As I was reading it I was wondering how much it would cost to book an empty seat next to you. It was only when I got the the end that I realised it was available just 72 hours before your flight - interesting way to sell distressed stock!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
& who's betting that the policy isn't subject to override for "operational reasons" i.e that they succeed in selling out the flight at the last minute?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I might pay a premium to be seated next to non-lardies only. On the train recently I had to move from my reserved seat due to the overhang of the guy in the next seat.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
what's the price difference versus premium economy I wonder?
sounds like a low budget version of the Air New Zealand skybed
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

I might pay a premium to be seated next to non-lardies only

On a long flight, that's serious. Over a certain size, large people should have to pay for enough room not to make life unpleasant for their neighbours. Somebody recently told me about a large lady who insisted on raising the armrests because she couldn't be comfortable otherwise. The sooner people are weighed along with their luggage, the better. Can only be a matter of time..... Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Premium economy is a significant premium at pre booking rates - essentially it seems to be that as Premium offerings have got classier, airlines have introduced a mid price point for stingy corporates and the hoi polloi who haven't the stomach for full cattle. Seems like this is going to cost £99 upwards for an empty seat to spread onto, so cheaper than even a last minute upgrade but probably will be crappy parts of the plane. Will be fun to see it policed - I can't be the only person who's seat hopped after takeoff - will everyone start producing invoices saying "look this says I've got the whole row". Hope they've given the hosties/trolley dollies extra mediation skills training.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Pam w Contoversial, but it's hard to argue against. I'll probably get flamed for saying this but in the vast majority of cases obesity is self inflicted.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
justatheory, And it's getting worse. Hospital staff are some of the worst and they should know better. And it's the largest of the large that seem to get the drunkest of the drunk. Praps they drink because they're sad but if they lost a stone or five they wouldn't be so sad. Most skiers will be skinnies (relatively) but no doubt I will be castigated anyway.
But we can't afford to just let them drift fatter ....the diabetese problem will be immense and NHS shouldn't be there for serving self-inflicted conditions. And that raises another point....... well, sport I reckon should be declared as "good" and injuries from it treated without question but some things should be rated "bad" and be chargeable, like drugs, self-inflicted overweight, smoking, ..... . There . That's a load off my mind and my foot hurts.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
pam w, Sister does book 2 seats but wow is it hard to do on the computer ! I am not wide but I am heavy so not happy with paying for weight, but it does have to come some time as it is crazy not to.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Farley Goode, a tad hypocritical Wink Eating food can be a sport NehNeh
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Economy? Eh? What's that then? wink
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
fatbob, I don't think so - to me Premium Economy looks like how Business used to look. I know that for my first solo long-haul flight it was nice (aand the seat next to me was free, score!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

Premium Economy looks like how Business used to look.

This is true. PE is well worth it, if you're not in the comfy seats.

How and why people do proper long haul down the back of the bus is beyond me. Had a work trip to Australia a while ago, and upstairs in Business on a Qantas A380 was lovely. I had a look beyond the curtain at what was downstairs. The horror! The HORROR!

Most of my long haul is in the comforting embrace of BA Business. Which has the bonus of giving me masses of BA airmiles. BA fly to Turin. Happy Return flights, business class to Turin, on BA? With Airmiles as the main spend? £40. Which is nice.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Carlos the Slackal, because not everyone is fortunate enough to have the miles or extra money to justify more comfort for half a day. Don't get me wrong.. I am envious.. but after having done bunch of long haul flights last year all "down the back of the bus" I found them pretty comfortable..excluding the TAM flights, cause they're poo-poo.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy