Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing Christmas presents?

Poster: A snowHead
Here's one suggestion. Just got a great book for those that are interested in ski racing and ski photography generally. Published by Agence Zoom, in English or French (and the English translation of the articles is perfect).

Biographies and photos (including some superb action shots) of the top racers, descriptions and pics of all the World Cup race locations, last years results...

(I am NOT on a commission! Just reckon it's a great buy at 30 euros).

More about the book here, you can order on line and pay by credit card, the cost includes postage.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

I am NOT on a commission!

You hadn't been accused yet. Sounds like you might be. I MEAN, C'MON, YOU EVEN SUPPLY PAYMENT DETAILS.

Anyway, still can't beat Smartwool socks as a traditional kind of gift for the skier in your life... and I am certainly NOT, absolutely NOT on a commission.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hey JohnHill, nothing would surprise me! Last thread I contributed to I was accused of putting words into ski racers' mouths... despite having quoted them syllable for syllable, and stating as much in a previous post in the same thread. So, just being ultra cautious!

(So who's the John Hill on the Smartwool socks board of directors?...) wink

Socks for skiers? A bit 'traditional', don't you think? I'll stick with my Zoom book, unless anyone's got any better ideas.

I know what Ghanaian Kwame's ideal prezzie would be in the current weather conditions. Those bootwarmer things you clip on and wear all day.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
PG, are you on commission?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
lbt, not so much an actual commission. I reckon it could be a case of "I'll plug your book if you'll let me use some pics" kinda deal. Nout wrong with that, makes the world go round. Anyway reasearch tells us that only 7% of books are ever read. The socks win.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Skis..??
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
JT, I'd like some skis...got told where to go as well, when I suggested as much Sad
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
snowbunny,
Dump him..!! Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
snowbunny, or borrow his wages and buy them yourself Little Angel
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
JT, mark_s,
So you guys are talking anarchy then?. It's not like I don't have a new pair, it's just that I want MORE Very Happy Cool
Maybe ebay could help? Little Angel
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowbunny,

You have a new pair and asked for more...!! Typical woman, you think they're shoes..!!

think you have to be very good to him for a few days ... and apologies to him for doubting him.. NehNeh
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
snowbunny, when flattery gets you nowhere, anarchy gets you everywhere Twisted Evil
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
JT,
Quote:

snowbunny,

You have a new pair and asked for more...!! Typical woman, you think they're shoes..!!

think you have to be very good to him for a few days ... and apologies to him for doubting him..

I'm not that greedy really, and they are just like shoes, this years colours are so nice Little Angel
mark_s,
I'm no good at the flattery stuff, he sees my game Evil or Very Mad Maybe I could sell him on ebay?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
snowbunny, sounds like a plan. Dunno how much you'd get though NehNeh
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
mark_s, I doubt if I would get enough to fund a season in the Alps, but I might get enough to buy some Scott Aztec or Stockli Stormrider AT ! Laughing
snow report
snowbunny, when mrs lbt resorts to flattery I've got to admit to just holding out longer - she gets *much* more persuasive eventually Shocked

- or makes my life hell Sad
Still, it's worth the gamble...
snow conditions
JohnHill wrote:
lbt, not so much an actual commission. I reckon it could be a case of "I'll plug your book if you'll let me use some pics" kinda deal.

Nope, afraid you reckon wrong. Bought the book, liked it, said so. Anything that brings the spectacular side of ski racing to the leisure skiing public is good news as far as I'm concerned, and the Agence Zoom publication does this to great effect.

Not everything/everyone functions according to the quid pro quo principle, you know!
snow conditions
lbt, Hmmm, clearly flattery does have it's failings, not least the amount of effort required to achieve a result Toofy Grin
ski holidays
I find this site (edit by moderators - possible not suitable to click through to at work) a reliable source of inspiration when looking for presents for Mrs Axsman, the research is enjoyable, the end result always appreciated, and spending restrictions in the ski gear shops are always suspended (!) afterwards. Cool

Go on- treat her, you know you want to..

(and sadly, I am not in any way connected to this company, wouldn't mind the photographers job though!) Very Happy
ski holidays
lbt, you do know this is a public forum? ANd some of us will report back to Mrs LBT on what is posted here? Twisted Evil Laughing
ski holidays
AxsMan, I hope you don't mind, I've added a slight edit to your post above.
ski holidays
Robbie Of course, I was relatively safe until AxsMan, posted *his* link. Which, in case you ever read this dearest, I *DID NOT CLICK* (especially after Kramer's edit!) and I *DID NOT ENJOY!*, err...

B*llocks - best buy more pressies rolling eyes rolling eyes
ski holidays
Hhhmmmmm, ...

Razz
latest report
Kramer,

No worries whatsoever, I hope you noticed that I did link to the 'main' page which is no more explicit than me mum's littlewoods catalogue. Of course if you go to the 'babydolls' or 'basques' sections..... oh, er, time for a cold shower I think.

lbt, I'm sure Mrs lbt would forgive you if she found something from this site in her, er stocking.

Laughing

Any SnowHead Ladies out there, come on admit you love the lingerie Cool
ski holidays
Bringing back an old thread (as I do try and do my research before posting...). I'm looking for ski (and board) related Christmas pressies for my other half. He has all the gear so its more unique things I'm thikning about.. so far top of my list is a piste sign (mention recently elsewhere).. any other ideas???? Trying to get this sorted now before the winter season well and truley hits...
snow conditions
Buff

Lens cloth piste map

Have a look at Bungalow Graphics - I've had a couple of things from them online and impressed with them. They have two or three shops too, if you are in the area - La Clusaz, and I think Chamonix/Annecy?
snow report
SnowRetreat, A framed picture of a favourite ski area/run/restaurant? The relevant local tourist office might be able to help.

Maybe an enormous great canvas print of Himself doing something particularly gnarly? Or looking particularly handsome in his gear. Or preferably both.
ski holidays
Ok.. doing a bit more research ..

Some for the boarders -
Board photo frame http://www.amazon.co.uk/In-The-Frame-uk-SBDN/dp/B005U1QMLA/ref=sr_1_43?ie=UTF8&qid=1351587873&sr=8-43&tag=amz07b-21
Metal scuplture http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steelman24-SNOWBOARD-METAL-SCULPTURE/dp/B0017TQOFS/ref=sr_1_72?ie=UTF8&qid=1351587959&sr=8-72&tag=amz07b-21

Some for skiers -
Wine holder (but wine never lasts long enough in our house!) http://www.amazon.co.uk/SKIER-BOBBLE-BOTTLE-HOLDER-GREAT/dp/B0057MEUQG/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1351588106&sr=8-4&tag=amz07b-21
Ski hip flask

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Tue 30-10-12 10:25; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Holiday?

And unfortunately I don't get comission either wink
latest report
I'm off to the London Ski Show at Earls Court on Saturday, I bet there will be loads of Christmas present ideas there Very Happy
snow report
Snow and Sunshine, I'd love to go on a ski holiday.. haven't been on one for 7 years.. oh, that's coz we run them.. wink

Boredsurfing, do give us an update on anything you find at the ski show. Can't believe I'm missing it this year Crying or Very sad

Keep those ideas coming..
ski holidays
SnowRetreat, if you want a fun pressie (and one that does the job very well) - I bought a ski pole potato masher which was expensive I thought but very effective and not tacky!

I didn't get them from here
http://www.find-me-a-gift.co.uk/spudski-potato-masher-by-black-and-blum.html but looks like they have come down in price Very Happy
latest report
Ski socks are a very good Christmas present that every skier will appreciate.
snow conditions
You can't beat a good ski sock.
ski holidays
You lot are all socks maniacs. All you ever think about is sock, socks, socks!!
snow conditions
SnowRetreat,
Quote:
I have just bought 2 of these for OH and son of the 4 Vallees area and they are really good, from www.eryc.co.uk (am going to get a couple more for others) Did once buy a pair of ski poles which you unscrew the handles and they are 'hip flasks' of sorts, just be careful you don't fill them anything too sticky though.
Lens cloth piste map

latest report
Sorry meant to put this quote up!
Quote:

Lens cloth piste map

Confused
snow report
Swissie wrote:
SnowRetreat,
Quote:
I have just bought 2 of these for OH and son of the 4 Vallees area and they are really good, from www.eryc.co.uk (am going to get a couple more for others) Did once buy a pair of ski poles which you unscrew the handles and they are 'hip flasks' of sorts, just be careful you don't fill them anything too sticky though.
Lens cloth piste map

See here :- http://www.edgeandwax.co.uk/2091/products/leki_hot_shot_ski_poles.aspx

We have a couple of pairs and they are great, always get funny looks when we trump up at the end of the day, unscrew the top and pour out a nice shot of something warming....
ski holidays
zellmaniac, Do you know the laundry paradox? The number of socks taken out of the machine will always be one less than the number of socks going in the machine:)
snow conditions
ansta1, Thanks for that link about the ski poles. Don't you just love Edge and Wax! Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy