Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Morzine to Mayhofen

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

I'm agonising over what to do this January- there are just so many good options Puzzled I am considering spending a week in Morzine with an organised trip, followed by a week in Mayhofen with a few friendly snowheads. If I did this I would need to find my way from Morzine to Mayhofen. According to googlemaps they're only 7 hours apart (by road).

Has anyone ever done this journey before/ know of an affordable and reliable way of getting from one place to the other? Work may say no to two weeks off, but I thought I would investigate the potential for the two trips first.

Thanks

Nat
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Haven't clue really but :

Transfer from Morzine to Geneva then train to Munich/Zurich/Innsbruck then transfer to Mayrhofen

or Hire a car at Geneva for the whole trip. It means driving back to GVA from Mayrhofen though.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for that. I think I'll just go for the one week and save my pennies. Got to make sure I've got enough funds for my on piste coffees and hot chocolates- a key part of any ski trip.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've taken the train from Innsbruck to Geneva before (we were then picked up and taken to a chalet near Morzine), and back again. Would be pretty easy to continue the train past Innsbruck to the Zillertal (I guess get off at Jenbach?), then bus down to Mayrhofen.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I did it last year and its dead easy. I am over the hill in Champery and got the train to Lausanne to Zurich -Innsbruck as above. It was quite expensive though. You can book online with www.cff.ch
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi NatalieC,

I'll be in Mayrhofen 12-19 Jan as well as Roscoeh and others. Be good to meet up if you're around then. You can continue with the train all the way to Mayrhofen on the narrow gauge railway.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy