Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Beginner Snowboarding Holiday! Advice Needed Please!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Me and 2 of my mates are planning on going abroad (Europe) for a snowboarding holiday but the only available time for us is Easter break.

Anyone have any suggestions on where has good snow then and where to book it through for as cheap as possible NehNeh
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Personally I would look for glacier resorts as the snow conditions will be better later on in the season. Places like Tignes, Les Deux Alpes, Kaprun, etc.

I would recommend getting a Crystal Ski brochure, they have most of the popular resorts in Europe and they have a guide to show which resorts are glacier and how accessible they are to beginners. This is a great way to figure out what kind of resort is best for you.

In terms of how cheap, it depends on what you want/need. For example do you require equipment hire, would you prefer to fly or take the train. do you need transfers from the airport or are you willing to drive.

If you're looking to fly I would recommend booking with Crystal Ski as they seem to be the best and cheapest for package holidays. They also offer something called Crystal Ski Plus which is a package that includes flights, accommodation, transfers, lift passes and ski/board hire.

If you are looking for great nightlife I've always found Austria, especially Mayrhofen to be brilliant.

Hope this helps.

Markola
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
J.Leon1, welcome to snowheads. You won't get better value than a holiday at one of the UCPA centres in France - look at the Action Outdoors website. prices are fully inclusive, including lift pass and full board, and you can choose whether to have (very good) lessons or go it alone.

they offer a range of top French resorts including Tignes, which would be ideal at Easter if the weather is a bit warm, as there is some very high skiing and a glacier. Though almost all the resorts should be good then, actually.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
pam w, especially as Easter is on the 31st March in 2013.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
J.Leon1 - welcome to SHs Smile

There are oodles of resorts around Europe that will be good at that time of year. You should be able to find some good deals come the new year through the likes of Crystal, Alpineanswers, Igluski. The latter two websites are more like search engines - put in search criteria and you'll generally have a lot of choices.

If there are are three of you, you may incur underoccupancy charges with some tour operators, so just bear in mind that the price you see on screen might go up a little .

I've only been to France so can only comments on the resorts I've been to - as a beginner you'll want lots of chair lifts and bubbles and not lots of drag lifts, as drags/buttons can just be a pain on a board. Alpe D-Huez is pretty good because the majority of the terrain can be accessed via cable cars, bubble lifts and fast chair lifts. Plus it has some mellow slopes near to the resort, although on the side of the resort facing Auris there are a few drags.

Les Gets/Morzine is a good place too. Lots of fast lifts, mellow runs and lost of runs through trees that come in handy when it's a whiteout up the top and visibility drops. They are low resorts though - I went late March one year and the snow was good but a bit slushy and thin in places.

Tignes and Val Thorens are probably the highest french resorts - over 2000m - so will keep their snow a bit better late season.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Easter's early this year, so I wouldn't get too hung up on glacier resorts. Especially as everyone knows that this season is going to be awesome.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Les 2 Alpes was perfect the week after Easter last year, including a massive powder dump mid week.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Pyremaniac, good to know Very Happy

ADH is a really nice resort or snowboarders - lots of bubbbles, loads of good greens in the resort bowl and there are hardly any flat bits or crappy linking runs.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If you can hold your nerve, it is well worth waiting until into the new year to book, especially as you are a small group. Last year we got a week in Solden including flights, HB accommodation and transfers for about £350 pp, down from over £1000 in the brochure. Solden was great late season as they have the glacier plus lots of wide cruisy blues for learning on, but it was full on spring down in the valley. Plus, they have the legendary apres if you are that way inclined!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
J.Leon1, don't forget to budget for lessons, and maybe make enquiries about recommended local schools. If you do UCPA, some holidays include instruction, some don't.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy