Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Edinburgh Mountain Film Festival Photo Competition - WINNER

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
**Voting in now closed **

Edinburgh Mountain Film Festival Photo Competition
Some of you may have seen some of the Scottish skiing photos I've posted on SH in the past and two of the more recent photos from last Spring have made it through to the final 12 in this year's Edinburgh Mountain Film Festival Photo Competition.

The voting/judging this year is a bit different to normal.....Facebook is required!

Rules
Excerpt from the EMFF email.

"We do need your help, however, to pick a winner for our photography competitions! The short-listed photographs from each category are now available to view on our Facebook page. To vote, you just need to 'like' your favourite photos. You can like as many photos as you wish, and the photo in each category with the most likes will win the competitions!"

I don't want to influence anyone's final choice too much Smile as there are another 10 great photos to chose from including one fantastic ski photo but if you are on Facebook and interested in voting, then:

-Click on the links below each photo and 'Like' your favourites. Voting is currently close so every vote would be greatly appreciated!

Photo Exhibition
For anyone near Ratho then the final selections are on show until the 29th Oct

"EMFF Photography Exhibition Opens @ the EICA

Our two photography competitions have been running for the past year and attracted about 200 entries. The best of these are now on display at the EICA at Ratho. The exhibition, which is free to view, runs until 29 October, so check it out next time you are out there. Make a day of it and go climbing too!

The winning photos will be announced at the closing session of the EMFF on Sunday 28 October."

^WINNER gavincarruthers dropping in on the Coire an Lochain cliffs, Nevis Range 28th April 2012 Click Here to Vote

^2nd Place Dave A entering Gully No 3, Ben Nevis 24th March 2012 Click Here to Vote

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 29-10-12 1:03; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
HighRustler, both quality shots of great skiing in amazing scenery. Voted Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Really nice captures. Little Angel I was lucky enough to be below to see mrcarruthers skiing the line in the first photo, dropping the cornice to get in, jumping the turn to perch on the point of no return above a meter wide couloir and hearing the noise of his skis rattling against rock as he accelerated to warp speed on his way through. Amazingly, I got the impression that I was pooing myself more just watching it than he was skiing it.

Voted for both though. I love the sense of easy drama in the second too but number one pips it for me. Cool
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
#2 by a long way - a great composition and fab contrast
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the votes and comments everyone! With one week to go, the photos currently sit in first and second place but voting is still close.

moffatross, I'm sure there will be more opportunities this winter for similar lines Smile
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks to everyone who voted for both of my submissions that made the final 12 of the Edinburgh Mountain Film Festival Competition. Finishing in 1st (Coire an Lochain, Aonach Mor) and 2nd place (No3 gully, Ben Nevis) in the Focus category was more than I could have hoped for. Thanks again!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy