Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Paragliding in Tignes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi. I am interested in tandem paragliding in Tignes this March. Has anyone done it here? And are there any private instructors / companies you would recommend? Evolution 2 seem to be the main company, but they appear to only give you a 15 minute tandem flight...
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
15 mins is about par for the course - and if the weather isn't right (too windy, poor vis) you won't even be able to do that. I did a tandem flight (not Tignes) and it was terrific - actually had more than 15 mins as the guy found some good thermals. But it was April and very warm.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
My girlfriend and I had this booked in Tignes last week but it didn't happen as it was too windy each day. Shame, as we were looking forward to it.

We were booked through Crystal with Evolution 2 and it was £80 each.

You ski off the top of Toviere, if you know the area. I doubt the flight would last 15 minutes, more like 10 or less.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
bar shaker, £80 or €80? If the former Crystal are adding significantly to the walk up price (and they probably get commission as well!)

http://www.evolution2.com/tignes/en/adventure.htm#winter
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for your replies. Bar shaker - did you get a refund presumably?

Cheers

James
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Commercial tandem paragliding outfits will basically only fly you "Top to Bottom" lasting a maximum of 15 minutes. They won't try to soar, staying up in the air because they want to get down to do more flights when the weather allows them to fly safely.

There will no doubt be some paraglider pilots based in Tignes who aren't licenced to fly you tandem. The commercial tandem paraglider pilots should be qualified and licenced to take passengers and charge for taking passengers flying.

There is a British paraglider pilot based in Tignes Les Brevieres who runs Chalet Les Chardons. I don't know if he is licenced to take passengers flying.

Until 4 years ago I used to paraglide for 20 years. hence my SH name.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

They won't try to soar, staying up in the air because they want to get down to do more flights when the weather allows them to fly safely.

well the one I used did, I was up about 35 mins. Lucky me. My kids gave me the flight for my 60th birthday.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I did one near Annacy, amazing views and quite scary taking off. Mine lasted more than 15 mins and we did some soaring. Maybe more likley to be up longer in the summer due to more opportinities to get decent weather to fly?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy