Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

'The Observer': 24-page ski special

Poster: A snowHead
'The Observer' has stacks of ski coverage this week, and it appears to all be available on-line. snowHeads 'very own' Martin Bell has a couple of articles: one a ski test and the second a ski clinic. Iain Martin from natives.co.uk picks his favourite apres-ski bars. Several people, including Lesley McKenna, pick their favourite black runs. Other articles too numerous to count...

Some celebrity snow users:
Johnny Rotten, Keith Flint (of Prodigy), Goldie Lookin' Chain (deranged Welsh rappers) and Mariah Carey.

Drifting completely off the point... my favourite Goldie Lookin' Chain lyric
Quote:

I needs some hype i think i'll ram raid happy shopper
Haven't got a car so i use a space hopper
Bouncing to the window, cut my head, show stopper
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ian Hopkinson, Thanks Ian. I'll have someone sent out to purchase a copy.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ian Hopkinson wrote:

In what sense?

Oops, sorry, thought I was back in the Kate Moss thread...
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
The Torygraph was promising 16 pages on Austria this weekend - haven't seen the papers yet - don't get the big Sat & Sun editions until Monday arvo (takes the censors a while with the black pen checking for tits and the like). Next week 8 pages on Norway.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Sun 9-10-05 10:08; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rob@rar.org.uk wrote:
Ian Hopkinson wrote:

In what sense?

Oops, sorry, thought I was back in the Kate Moss thread...

very quick! LOL Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
kuwait_ian wrote:
The Torygraph was promising 16 pages on Austria this weekend - haven't seen the papers yet - don't get the big Sat & Sun editions until Monday arvo (takes the censors a while with the black pen checking for tits and the like). Next week Norway.

How come they let this weekends Snowheads through wink
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Martin Bell not sure if it's possible to have any editing done on the on line stuff but your review of the Dynstar Legend 8800 has also been pasted onto the preceeding Fischer RX9
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
boredsurfin, they don't - my local ISP blocks iffy sites. Crying or Very sad
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
boredsurfin wrote:
Ian Hopkinson, Thanks Ian. I'll have someone sent out to purchase a copy.

No-one spare to go out yet but have some of the article and lots of links here
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
In the Escape Supplement page 9, Ski Chalets, Chalet Mozart is in Verbier, France Confused Laughing
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Who said skiing was a class based sport?

It's the fact we hand over our little ones to boarding schools and ski nannies that made this country great Evil or Very Mad

......Rant and judgmentalism over snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
does the observer have a free DVD with it today? One of the Sunday papers was doing East meets West (something like that) Puzzled
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Dan, no free DVD I'm afraid.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
cheers Ian. i have a horrible feeling it was the mail or something like that and i refuse to buy that toilet paper Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
For a bit of hilarious reading from that Observer supplement, check out:
'Snowboarding in Sweden', apparently extracted from 'The Idler Book of Crap Holidays'.

The shortlist of great black runs is also worth a read:
http://observer.guardian.co.uk/travel/story/0,6903,1587992,00.html

As Ian says, Martin Bell's guide to skis has been screwed up slightly, but is well worth a read anyway:
http://observer.guardian.co.uk/travel/story/0,6903,1588047,00.html
ski holidays
Dan, It was yesterday's Guardian, but as you know the Guardian sells out pretty quickly in Brighton.
latest report
Steve Sparks, Laughing
snow conditions
Dan wrote:
cheers Ian. i have a horrible feeling it was the mail or something like that and i refuse to buy that toilet paper Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil

Mail on Sunday>> Free DVD Nick Leeson Rogue Trader.
snow report
David Goldsmith wrote:
As Ian says, Martin Bell's guide to skis has been screwed up slightly, but is well worth a read anyway:
http://observer.guardian.co.uk/travel/story/0,6903,1588047,00.html

Yes, shame about that, don't know what happened. I noticed they switched the running order for those two skis from my original copy, so the mistake probably occurred then. Apologies to anyone from Fischer if they're reading...
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy