Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sollyfit/Dynalook plates in Europe?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey

Wondering if anyone has information on this site http://bindingfreedom.co.uk/

Or if there is anyone in the EU with a set of plates for sale?

Its getting slightly pricey when adding postage from the states for me.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have a set of the current sollyfits (which are not dynafit radical compatible) that have not been mounted and come with all of the bumf that binding freedom sent. I've been too lazy to actually stick up an ad for them yet, but you can have em for less than the cost of importing a set, if you're interested.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have two sets of the Dynaduke plate. As with Serriadh's sollyfits, they are not compatible with the radical, but that's OK as my Dynafiddles are not the Radical ...

Great piece of kit but I did get hit by import duty - I have subsequently explained that the BF dude needs to label to the UK as 'gift'.

They work really well and I actively like the fact that the plate gives some rise, although I have had to adjust the inserted heel lift in my touring boots, but that's probably down to the odd Dynafit angles. How well their burnt orange colour goes with the skis I have them mounted on (red and green) I will leave to those less colour blind than myself!

If you don't fancy the rise of the plate, you could go with the QuiverKiller option. Available from http://www.jonsskituning.co.uk who is an active snowHead
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
robo-06, now that I have actually read Serriadh's post, I suggest you make him an offer!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quiver killer all the way, this is a white elephant.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quiverkillers are a copy of the original idea by the owner of the above mentioned Bindingfreedom inserts.
The idea was discussed on Tgr and perfected with input from the forum members. I believe the Quiverkiller guy is also a forum member of TGR.
I like to support the original inventor and they are a lot cheaper than Quiverkillers. They also have a slotted top to aid insertion and removal.
He sells a hundred for 99 dollars and a fitting kit is less than 30 dollars.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
CH2O wrote:
Quiver killer all the way, this is a white elephant.

I disagree. Sollyfits: 8 holes per ski. Salomon plus dynafits in inserts: 15-18 holes per ski. Better hope you don't need a remount! The binding mount holes in the plate are much closer together than inserts can be, so you don't have to have wildly differing mount points, either.

When it comes to sell the skis, you can remove the plates and reuse them, and the ski will have only had one single mount with conventional screws; no big deal. Removing a whole bunch of inserts is likely to mangle the ski, and would be a hell of a lot of effort to boot. And you're trying to shift a ski with two mounts already done.

They're not a mounting panacea, but they're far from 'white elephants'.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Serriadh, Reselling skis? Come on, with the price of new? Mounted plenty of these plates, plenty of QK, QK all the way. Go sell your second hand skis, drilled, filled, strapped, wrapped and "farted". Laughing QK alows how many different types of bindings? The "Sollylollylicketysplit?"

And regards the original QK, slotted heads for removal??????? Laughing
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
CH2O wrote:
QK alows how many different types of bindings? The "Sollylollylicketysplit?"

When mounted up? 2. The dynalook plates support 4 different families of bindings, with a pair of manufacturers for each of the touring and alpine options.

And as I said, you'd better hope you don't wanna do a remount after you've put 15+ holes in each ski. And that your binding and BSL combinations don't require crazy mount point offsets. Its nice that you don't feel the need to resell skis, but it turns out that some folk do, and the value of your skis sharply decreases when you've reduced them to swiss cheese.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

And that your binding and BSL combinations don't require crazy mount point offsets.

that's highly unlikely and in my experience, yet to occur. Ramp angles seen to negate it, unless you follow a religous Manufacturers mount point and in modern times, when such versitility is needed, only the lazy or inexperienced would. Mounting height and weight are much greater concerns of the public i've met. So narrow down your choice to Dynafit With Salomon, or Duke (OLD) and Dynafit if you want, the permiations exist, but are less common than minor (correct) tweeks to mount point.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
CH2O, "And regards the original QK, slotted heads for removal??????? "
Yes removal.
It's best to do a dry run first before setting them with epoxy. The slotted top makes it much easier to remove.
How do You wind them back out.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
CH2O wrote:
Quote:

And that your binding and BSL combinations don't require crazy mount point offsets.

that's highly unlikely and in my experience, yet to occur

It is easy enough to show that the issue arises given a couple of templates and a few minutes. The plates let you have mounting holes far closer together than you could safely drill or indeed physically fit the inserts. Maybe you're lucky with your BSLs and choice of bindings... that's great, but your experience does not necessarily generalise.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Serriadh, pm sent cheers
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy