Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

passenger pick up at heathrow?

Poster: A snowHead
Is there a passenger pick up area at Heathrow or are you now forced to park and pay for security?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Let me Google that for you......
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
http://www.heathrowairport.com/help/faqs#Iwanttopickupordropoffapassenger
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Boredsurfing wrote:

Thanks, I did actually try Smile
Also looked at BAA site
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Can't I just keep driving round and round in the drop off area and pick up a passenger?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
GordonFreeman wrote:
Can't I just keep driving round and round in the drop off area and pick up a passenger?

What just ANY passenger? Wouldn't you want to ask their permission first? Wink
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
GordonFreeman wrote:

When I worked there, heavily armed Policeman tended to persuade you not to.....
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Seems odd though...
I suppose they don't want people loitering around but to force people to pay is a bit harsh, there should be a free 30mins or so...
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
GordonFreeman, you could find somewhere to park up outside the airport and then when the person you're picking up is ready they could make their way to the drop-off area and call you. Will save a few quid.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
That's exactly the trick we often employ when picking someone up at MCR. They seem to turn a blind eye. If we phone for a taxi we've been told to do that too.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Boredsurfing wrote:

I love this response
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Yeah I always get picked up from the drop off point. They park about 10 min away and I phone when I have got my bags and the timings normally work out. The Police only care if you are stationary there for longer than about 5 min.

Although one time I was waiting (dropping off, dad had taken my grandma in) the car in front was left un-attended, the police walked up, broke in within 1 min, alarm off in 30 secs and drove it away. Unfortunately I left before I got to see the reaction of the person whos care it was!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
wam15, that was gentle! Underneath the old Terminal one I have seen a Police Land Rover chain up a car and simply drag it away Shocked
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
there is a petrol station / somerfield on the a4 that you can wait at. it is 5 mins drive from t1-4. google map heathrow and zoom in - its next to axis house. when you pick up from arrivals you dont get charged for just driving straight through.

rob
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
There is a petrol station on the A30, just after the A312 junction, which is usually swamped with minicabs waiting to pickup at the airport. They tend to block the exit, and get a little shirty if you hold the horn down because you can't swing a lorry out when you've fuelled up...
ski holidays
There are 2 McDs on the Bath Road where the limmo drivers and minicabs wait. Also a greasy spoon on the A30 between the Ashford Hospital and Clockhouse roundabout if you are T4 side.
latest report
altis, same here, Manchester Terminal 1, head for opposite the Shell (?) garage, just at the entrance to the car park - the taxis can avoid heading in there and there's room to allow other drivers past too!!

Although, now with all the paraphernalia of 2 suitcases, board bag & ski bag we tend to drive and use the Meet & Greet - it's only a few quid more than a return taxi for us and it's right at the car park entrance, used it in January and were mightily impressed.
snow report
GordonFreeman wrote:

That's what my mum does, it's much the easiest way.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy