Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dynaster Cham 107, White Dot Directors or....

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

So I'm dithering between skis... (which I actually quite enjoy!) but It would be great to get some opinions. I am thinking about White Dot Directors or Dynastar Cham 107; Aslo looked at the Scott Pure - but 'm not sure..

I'm 6'4" and 89kgs and would probably say I am advanced but not expert. Probably more of a finesse skier as opposed to agressive. These will be 70% off piste/ side piste as I have a nice pair of GS ski for the groomers and icy days!

Does anyone have any experience with either of these ski, or have any recommendations for other ski I should consider , Hoping to mount them with Look pivot bindings.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No idea if they'd be better, but I was VERY impressed by the new Scott Punishers when I fondled them at IF3 a couple of weeks ago. Big improvement over the old ones, seem like they'd be very capable all 'round.

Still want some Directors though, think they'd make a great all-conditions-offpiste/touring ski.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I do like the look of the Directors - that's where I'm leaning at the moment, but the Cham 107 also have some great reviews. Does anyone know of any shops in PDS, Grand Massif or even Cham where I could test the Directors? I am assuming that finding a shop that stock Dynastar in that area shouldn't be too hard as that's where they are manufactured!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
BenAS, Sole in Chamonix had White Dots to test last year. You can contact them via Facebook or CH20 on here is the owner.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
BenAS, IIRC Steve Rooke at the Sole boot shop in Cham has Whitedots. I think most of the Dynastars are now made in China - they're now stamped with something like 'originated in Chamonix'
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
spyderjon, That's a shame, but I guess that would be down to market forces and cost...
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The Scott Pures are stiff but they have a decent long rockered nose this year and not cambered to death so should ski well in the soft stuff, especially if you're shifting it. Not sure about the Cham but the Scott and the Director are very different skis.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
BenAS wrote:
I do like the look of the Directors - that's where I'm leaning at the moment, but the Cham 107 also have some great reviews. Does anyone know of any shops in PDS, Grand Massif or even Cham where I could test the Directors? I am assuming that finding a shop that stock Dynastar in that area shouldn't be too hard as that's where they are manufactured!

We will have some rental skis in a new shop in Cham for next season, Ski & Surf, in Les Praz next to the Les Les Anches hotel. Its a new shop being renovated at the moment, but not too sure of the exact details being more of a 'Hof man than a Cham dude!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
May I suggest you give the Fisher Watea 106 a look. I have skied it's narrower brothers all last season and had great fun. Several reviews of the 106 are very good.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
spyderjon wrote:
BenAS, IIRC Steve Rooke at the Sole boot shop in Cham has Whitedots. I think most of the Dynastars are now made in China - they're now stamped with something like 'originated in Chamonix'

Just looked at my Dynastar Outland 80's

On the ski it clearly states "Made in France"

And also staates Born in The Chamonix Valley"

I don't think they could put Made in France on if they were made in China
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I guess they may have moved the manufacturing since your ski's were made..?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Spain or Sallanches.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy