Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Do you know a family who'd love skiing, but have never tried it? (Enter on Facebook)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I do have work links to the Three Valleys, but hope you won't consider this as spam - this is a brilliant prize for someone (but not someone that has skied before...) that I think is worth sharing, in case any Snowheads know anyone suitable.

This is a genuine chance for one family of four non-skiers to win £30,000 worth of ski holidays, equipment, clothing and lesssons. All the info is here. Basically they have to apply by video: http://www.les3vallees.com/en/follow-our-2011-adventure.306/

You can just ignore this post, but if you know anyone who you think would want to enter, please send them the link. Cheers! Very Happy

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 11-10-12 12:45; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
thanks iainm, have already passed on to some candidates!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Shame that it has to be a family. I've plenty of friends that would like to try skiing but none of them are families...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
This thread clearly discriminates against people who fire blanks Shocked

Mods, pull it now wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
That's a great prize but FIVE holidays in one season? As it happens i know a family who would love to try ski-ing together, but one of the reasons they haven't is they cannot afford it. Neither can they afford to take five weeks off work in three months Sad and what about school?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
sanman, I thought that, but looking at the small print, some of the trips are weekend trips, and could also include christmas, half term and easter (could do two weeks at Easter!).
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
queen bodecia wrote:
Shame that it has to be a family. I've plenty of friends that would like to try skiing but none of them are families...

You could organise a modern "collective" family in lieu. It's a killer prize but I can't help thinking that the actual pool of those who will really take advantage of it is pretty small - No one's ever skied but they are sufficiently interested to want to commit to 5 trips? What if 1 or more family members really doesn't like it? etc etc

I know it's really a social media play like those "dream" jobs blogging on a Aussie island so I fully expect some mumsnet type semi-pro blogger will end up in the running.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
fatbob, the people I am thinking of are adults aged between 30 and 55. No children involved. The few people I know with children wouldn't dream of going skiing. The prize terms and conditions do state that it's for two adults and two children under 18.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Why only a family of four, what if you've got 3 kids or more? Don't they deserve a chance too?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
fat bob -
Quote:
I fully expect some mumsnet type semi-pro blogger
Very Happy Very Happy

it is clearly biased though against families of 3 and 5. they did have to book flights for christmas and half term though

and it is 3 x weekends, 2 x weeks, so it's not a lifetime off work (althoguh perhaps worth it!)
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:
To put your family forward to enter this amazing competition, all you have to do is to tell us why you would be a great choice to win the 3 Vallées Easy Rider competition in a short video.

It could be that you are really sporty, but never thought you would be able to afford skiing. Or that you are a real whiz on social media and will tell thousands of friends about about it.

Well at least they're open about it Laughing

Shared it though - great opportunity for someone!!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Turns out video was putting people off, so they have now changed it so that you can enter just by posting on the 3 Vallees Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/3vallees.france with a picture and saying why you should win... so tell your friends (well, your friends that you'd like to become skiers anyway! Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy