Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Binding Help 90mm brake on 90mm width ski (Prophet Flite)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys,

1st post, been lurking for a while but yet to comment.

I'm doing a season in St. Anton this year and have bought some Line Prophet Flite, 90mm waist skis (some sources claim they're 85mm some 90, edge and wax where I bought them from state both rolling eyes )

Having been doing my reading I know you don't want more than a 15mm bigger width brake than ski waist size - so I don't want 110mm bindings for definite.

Just wondering if 90mm will be alright (perhaps with a gentle bending persuasion)?

Thanks in advance & nice to meet you all Smile

Mike
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
mbydmt wrote:

Just wondering if 90mm will be alright (perhaps with a gentle bending persuasion)?

Welcome

They're 85mm http://lineskis.com/skis/prophet-flite-1213 so no problem. Wouldn't be a problem at 90mm either - there's always a bit of tolerance in a brake.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks raceplate!

Aye I'd looked on lineski's website, but was a little unsure as I've bagged some 2011 model ones rather than 12/13 season's but question answered so many thanks Smile
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
2011 model is 90mm underfoot and a 90mm brake will fit over fine!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
mbydmt wrote:
Hi guys,

1st post, been lurking for a while but yet to comment.

I'm doing a season in St. Anton this year and have bought some Line Prophet Flite, 90mm waist skis (some sources claim they're 85mm some 90, edge and wax where I bought them from state both rolling eyes )

Having been doing my reading I know you don't want more than a 15mm bigger width brake than ski waist size - so I don't want 110mm bindings for definite.

Thanks in advance & nice to meet you all Smile

Mike

We actually only have 90mm stated on that ski? I write the text for every ski, so just chcked! The average is 85mm but we put 90mm on to ensure people select the corresponding binding. It varies slightly in width between model lengths too I think for this one (A lot of skis do), but we don't put that in as otherwise you would have to give us 3 rolling eyes Smile

I owned a pair of these skis, a Marker 90mm brake fits fine.

Do feel free to contact us if you have a question, as we don't bite! Enjoy the skis!

ScottyDog
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hey ScottyDog, thanks for your response, this is what I read (just checked it's still there) (2011 model ski):

'85mm underfoot is a great width for the skier who still wants to spend time on the pistes as well as starting to adventure off the sides of the slopes more often.

SKI SPECIFICATION
Geometry: 12mm / 90mm / 113mm'

I don't know if it's meant to say 85mm underfoot is a great width for the skier etc. therefore implying 90mm is even better, or whether I've misinterpreted it? Genuine apologies if it's my misinterpretation or just me having a thick moment!!

Thanks Dan & Scott for confirming this and looking forward to getting the ski's and putting some time in on them Scottydog Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy