Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

packaging up skis for sending

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
HI,

Any tips for sending skis, what is the best way to package them up - where can I find/buy a big enought box to take them?

Any hints/tips would be appreciated.

Ross
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Lots of bubble wrap, maybe use some cardboard to protect the tips and tails. Pack them with the bindings facing each other, bases facing out and wrap the whole lot in bubble wrap. The only place that I know of that has boxes that fit skis are ski shops, if there are any near you ask them if you can have a box?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
bindings facing each other, is that a joke, why would you do that...

if it's just skis put them on top of each other, base ontop of topsheet, if it's bindings and skis clip them together as though you're carrying them.

skis are very strong and newspaper will be more than enough, just wrap it round with a couple different papers.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
if you do ship them often and/or travel with them more than twice a season, get yoursel a more permanent packing solution along the lines of a sportube. Works pretty well.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
When I get skis posted to me, they just get put in a suitable length box. It's not like they are fragile...
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If you have a window blind fitters near you they are always happy to lose a box, they usually have to remove the packaging after installing them, the box is rarely reused and often it costs them to bin them. I have used them to post skis previously without problem using a lot of sellotape tho!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
roscoeh, go to a DIY store and ask them for cardboard boxes they're throwing out. They usually have loads in a skip. You'll be lucky to find one more or less the right shape or size but you can modify one. Put the skis bases together as you'd normally do. Strap them together tips and tails but put a piece of card between the points where the bases make contact. Wrap in bubble wrap or foam underlay or some other cheap padding esp bindings. Put in box. Pack out any space with scrunched up paper. Tape it up with Cellofix or a strong parcel tape.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Lots of bubblewrap, a selection of flattened boxes an a load of parcel tape to turn said boxed into a ski sized one has done the job for me.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I just clipped them together, wrapped then in loads of bubble wrap, card and parcel tape. Would have taken the recipient a good hour to unwrap them I think Twisted Evil
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy