Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Elan Amphibio

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Have a chance to hire a set of these in January,anyone tried them yet?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
coolhandluke, No but elan don't put out dogs so I would imagine they'll be just fine. Interesting concept.

http://youtube.com/v/m_S8EnMOWTw
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I dunno about the skis, but their amphibio mini-site from last year actually gave me marketing poisoning. Better hope they ski better than they advertise, eh?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've been happy with the Elan's that I've skied so far, I like that integrated binding system that they use too. I'm no great shakes as a skier, but if I had a chance to have a go on a set I'd take it. coolhandluke, why not have a bash with them and report back on how you get on - I expect you will be able to swap in the week if they don't agree with you. I see they do a 78 Ti waveflex version of it, now there's a thought for an out of season cheaper model of it in a few years time if I've trashed my existing Ti's by then (LOL - I think not, but the lottery might come up!!)
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi coolhandluke, These are a pretty interesting pair of skis ... they are left and right footed with a camber on the inside edge and a rocker on the outside edge.
they get a very good "write up" in http://www.expertskier.com/members/index.html where they were ski of the year last year. (you may not get to that link without a subscription)

There was a pair of them on eBay last week but I just didn't bid enough.

I've put them down as a must try pair of skis ...

Below is what it says about the Wavelex 78ti & 78 and I hope that helps!
=====================================================================

Tactical skis — versatile designs for all mountain skiing

Amphibio Waveflex
78Ti

127/78/107 (17.7m) 160,168,176,182
This ski, along with its close relatives the 78 and Inspire (which we did not test), could legitimately be included in the frontside group, but we place them here because the Amphibio design makes them good in reasonable side country, too. Those who are not familiar with the 'amphibio feel' are advised to demo.

"Fun, carvy ski."

"Good in crud."

"1-ski-quiver for strong all mountain skiers."

clean carve: 5
smooth drift: 4
accurate: 5
stability: 5

rebound: 4
quickness: 4
lightness: 4
relaxing: 3

Builds confidence:
Amphibio Waveflex 78

127/78/107 (17.7m) 152,160,168,176
Same ski—no metal—and that broadens the skill level fit. Good teaching ski, versatile. A better choice for all but the most aggressive or very heavy skiers and even then, a more relaxing ride with top performance.

"Very good ski!"

"Good ride, stable yet lively (for Waveflex)."

"Lively, stable and easy. Top resort ski from Elan."

clean carve: 5
smooth drift: 5
accurate: 4
stability: 4

rebound: 4
quickness: 4
lightness: 4
relaxing: 5

Builds confidence:
=====================================================================
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for all your replies , I will def be giving them a go.
That vid def puts you in the mood to get back out on the slopes,lets hope the conditions are just as good.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy