Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Plan Peisey

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are thinking of booking a 1 week chalet holiday with Esprit in Plan Peisey - first TO trip for a long while (but we are taking our 5 year old with us and thought we'd go for an easy option having DIYd a 4 week trip to Whistler last March).

Never been to that area before - have always driven passed on way to to VdI and Tignes.

A couple of questions please :

- is this a good option in terms of access to the whole Paradiski area?
- we are looking at flying out on 24 March, is this a bit too late in terms of getting decent snow down to that level?

Thanks very much.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Excellent location as you are right by the Vanoise Express which links to La Plagne (lots of wide motorway pistes) and 2 or 3 lifts gets you above Arcs 2000.

It's around 1600 metres so should be ok late March. There are quite a few tree lined slopes above Plan Peisey - handy when it's snowing.

Only been there once and really enjoyed it, prefer Les Arcs to La Plagne.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
yes

no

in more detail!

I have stayed in the Esprit chalets in Plan Peisey- they are excellent- and are really near the lifts and right next to the Vanoise Express. Access to the main les Arcs area is easy enough- if you have to get kids at the end of a morning lesson (ie before lunch) then it is a bit of a rush if you go to the Aiguille Rouge- but this is just about possible. If kids have supervised lunch and or afternoon child care then no issue.

The skiing in Peisey is ideal for kids. The only down side is the somewhat limited lunch stops (mind you we have become dedicated picnickers) .

We ski in Peisey every year and frequently this late- it has always been fine - but some slush could be expected- but could get some fresh as well.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
24 March isn't that late, and might well offer some of the best skiing of the season if you're lucky. Even in a poor year there shouldn't be much problem with skiing to Plan Peisey as all the key pistes are well protected by snow cannon and the pisteurs do great work keeping everything in good shape. I've skied to Plan Peisey without any issues towards the end of April for a number of years.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
24 march is fine, but the slopes around peisey are west-facing so will be complete slush from mid-morning. You aren't too far from Arc 2000 but I would consider staying in 1950 for better access to reliably good slopes. You will have more than enough to keep you going in Les Arcs so I wouldn't put a premium on la Plagne, patricularly as (last few years anyway) all slopes were in poor condition and almost all black slopes closed.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
patricksh wrote:
24 march is fine, but the slopes around peisey are west-facing so will be complete slush from mid-morning.

This is a bit of a generalisation Laughing Having been there each year for the last 10 at around that time, I've not found it to be the case. Maybe it was last year when I wasn't skiing because of my knee Confused It can get slushy from 2ish back towards Plan Peisey, but we tend to stay high until it's time to come home, anyway. Its a lovely resort & the Esprit chalets look fantastic.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks very much guys - we'll book it.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
franga, If you are that worried look at Esprit in Arc2000 or Belle Plagne as well. If you want 'snow sure' then 2000 or BP is better, both are car free resorts, while in Peisey you are across the road from the lifts with Esprit. Peisey is better though if you want access to the Vanoise and Paradski, though Les Arcs will keep you plenty occupied to.

If booking the Peisey ones book the chalet at the top. The ones at the bottom are quite a trip up the steps to the top. Each to their own, but we didn't like Peisey. Sorry!

One advantage of Esprit is they do Sunday/Sunday transfers. Always much easier.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

- is this a good option in terms of access to the whole Paradiski area?

Yes, probably the best, but why the whole paradiski area? Les Arc and La Plagne are each individually much bigger than the whole of Whistler/Blackcomb. We ski in Les Arcs a lot and frankly can rarely be bothered to go over to La Plagne.
Quote:

- we are looking at flying out on 24 March, is this a bit too late in terms of getting decent snow down to that level?

24 April might be too late, but the snow in late March is usually good. The Vallandry beginners area is accessed by lift and is, IIRC, at about 2200m. They do an excellent job of keeping the runs down to the village open until the very end of the season. Sometimes this is just a thin ribbon of soft snow, but it does allow access to the higher terrain of the rest of the paradiski

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Mon 3-09-12 12:21; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
We went to Plan Peisey for years as a big family group, staying in Hotel Vanoise. Had a great time and - OK a generalisation - for us the ESF ski school there was very good. Nursery not so - only becuase our toddler was the only non-French speaker .
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
franga, this thread might come in handy although some of the info about restaurants/bars etc is now somewhat out of date...

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=53223
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I went there with esprit last year. 100% all round, great location, you will only need to ski in les arc as it is huge especially for a 5 year old, forget plagne as you won't need it.
I went 12 march and it was 30 degrees, t shirt weather but every piste was open. Two weeks later they had a huge dump, but last year was the best ever for snow. Even if it is not a really snowy year you will have more than enough snow that time of year.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Plan Peisey. All the skiing of Les Arcs, but with cheaper bars and restaurants Smile
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Many thanks for all your comments and advice - we're booked into Chalet Hermine from 24 March.

Thanks again
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy