Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Novotel Troyes now Golden Tulip Hotel

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just wondering if anyone else has booked Novotel Troyes this summer?

We booked it some months ago through Novotel, partly because we have stayed in other Novotels and liked them, partly due to the fact I have an Accor card and wanted to collect the points. I thought I'd have a quick look at Trip Advisor to see the latest reviews and have discovered that it has now been sold by Novotel to Golden Tulip hotels.

I am feeling a little frustrated. Firstly Novotel still haven't informed us that they have sold the hotel. I tried to contact them and they just directed my email to Golden Tulip who have said they have my reservation which is non changeable non refundable. Seems a little unfair that they can change us to a hotel in a different chain yet we are not notified or given the option to cancel and book an alternative Novotel. I assume we will not get the Accor points now.

I don't think I've stayed in a Golden Tulip hotel so no idea what to expect..are they a similar quality/standard to Novotel?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Is that the one out at Barbery? If so it's quite a long way out of town near a commercial centre. I've stayed near there and seen it, looked pretty much like any other tbh.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
snowymum, have a look at their website. It looks OK, much like when it was a Novotel.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Colin B - I believe it is somewhere near the Airport. Haven't stayed there before.

Hells Bells - Hard to tell that much from the website. However we booked it because it was a Novotel (and there are certain things we like about the chain), not because we wanted to spend a night in a hotel near Troyes airport! If it had been a golden tulip at the time of booking we would have booked a different Novotel (probably Dijon Sud where we stayed last year) instead.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
snowymum, Yes that's the one, on the outskirts, I normally stay in a B&B nearby. There's a huge Geant nearby too.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
snowymum, frustrating as there is a Mercure and an Ibis in Troyes where you could have got your points (presumably).
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
snowymum, I have stayed in Golden Tuulip hotels before and foudn them to be good at what they do. Annoying about the points though....
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
you posh people......i stay in the Formula one at Barbary
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Golden Tulip- does that have a Blue Oyster Bar? Twisted Evil
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
snowymum, I've stayed in several Golden Tulips in NL and they're quite similar to Novotels. Some are better, some not so good, but OK in general and I would say rather less formulaic than Novotels.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks for all the replies. In the end after a lot of time on the phone to Novotel and the Golden Tulip hotel I managed to persuade them to change our booking to a different Novotel. We changed our booking to Novotel Dijon Sud days before departure at additional cost (plus International phone call costs). Whilst we like staying in Novotels and can't be far off having enough Accor points for a free night (will be booking 4 more overnight stops next year), their customer service is awful, probably the worst I have ever come across. I still think they are very cheeky selling a hotel and forwarding people's payment to a different company without even notifying the customer - I am not alone in thinking this as someone else has written the same on Trip Advisor Novotel Troyes. Whoever I spoke to on the phone at Novotel can not have had any knowledge of France as I had to spell out every place name we discussed. The lady then told me hotels didn't have spaces when they were showing spaces online. When I wrote to the customer services department after changing the booking they did not answer any questions and simply told me I needed to contact Golden Tulip hotels rolling eyes

Leaving aside the issues with Novotel customer services, our stays in Novotel Dijon Sud and Reims Tinqueux went smoothly. The Kids have a nice collection of Toy story watches (hotel freebie) Laughing
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy