Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New Year

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello

I am looking to ski over New Year. Partly because New Year in the UK is rubbish and the other part being I am a teacher so am very limited as to when I can ski. I have no idea about resorts, having done some in France, Andorra and Bulgaria. Basically I am looking somewhere that has a range of runs (I like it leisurely, the boyfriend likes it faster!) that will have something going on for New Year.

Suggestions much appreciated.

Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi fionalee86,

The good news is that all of the larger resorts will have something good going on for New Year, and a good range of runs for you and your boyfriend.

I am sure that other people will be along soon to let you knnow what is going on in their resorts so I'll kick off with La Plagne . . .

- Good selection of blue runs, and easy access across to Champagny, Les Arcs etc on blue runs only. Plenty of more challenging stuff for your boyfriend including reds and blacks. Some good itineraries where you can go up the lifts together, but take different routes down.

- Over New Year La Plagne offers a party on the piste with bands, an ice bar, "show" - as yet still a secret what sort and a countdown and fireworks at midnight.

Hope that helps - and happy planning!
Heather
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Dont go to Bansko over New Year the reosrt got extremely busy and we had queues of around 1hr most mornings to get up the main lift.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
There will be a very large party in Tignes with a world famous DJ - Tignes has appeared in various lists of the top 10 places to be in Europe for 'The Bells'. Plenty of skiing for all but the very beginner.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
fionalee86, New Year prices tend to be very high and the resorts busy as it is a big holday throughout most of Europe. My general experience is that it is celebrated pretty much everywhere a lot of hotels will have Gala dinners etc. My own preference at that time of the year is to avoid areas without a decent number of tree lined areas as it can be pretty cold.
I have had greratt imes in Switzerland and Austria but Switzerland is quite pricey at the moment.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy