Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

First Hopeful Signs the Met Office Are Right

brian
brian
This is the GFS forecast for a week today: a classic negative NAO setup with the UK in a NE airstream snowHead

They (GFS is a US government model) are forecasting N'ly or NE'ly for NE Scotland next Tuesday to Saturday. Of course still plenty of time for it to disappear but if there's skiing at the Lecht next week, you heard it here first !
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Implications for the Alps...?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well according to that map it's still going to be warm over the alps, but note that 850h.Pa is for fairly low altitudes
latest report
 brian
brian
rob@rar.org.uk, almost certainly wink

I think -ve NAO tends to mean cold and relatively dry for the Northern Alps, mild and wet for the South. Most of my weather knowledge is Scotland-centric though, I'm afraid.
snow report
 brian
brian
D G Orf, approx. 1500m I think. A similar setup would be much colder in January, the continent hasn't had much time to cool down yet.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
brian, I think it's a little lower about 1000M at most, Wengen I seem to recall is arround 800 h.Pa at 1250M, speeking of which the next 2 weeks forecast forecast for that area indicate fairly dry but increasingly colder weather
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Right ok that all means nothing to me anyone care to explain what were looking for.

snowforcast site for the next six days says tignes is getting colder
i know looking at snow fall and freezing temps. but i take ita as it get colder more snow will arrive. i have no idea and just really want tome basic info so i know what im looking at really.

pudders
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
benpudney, it was cold yesterday - but barely a cloud in the sky. Biggest problem at the moment is lack of precipitation. Sun coming up at the moment in the Tarentaise, and... not a cloud in sight...
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Meteosuisse,

http://www.meteosuisse.ch/web/fr/meteo/previsions_en_detail.html

are calling what looks like a fairly significant storm for next weds and thurs. Snow down to 1000m on Thurs.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Our local radio station is saying that tonight (saturday) we are going to have the first frost of the Winter! Maybe the start of Winter proper. Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
boredsurfin, As long as it is cold in Alps and the white stuff appears that is all that matters! SnowForecast.com is predicting snow down to 1250 in the coming week. Little Angel
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We had a light frost last week. Currently lashing here
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Mouth, Very Happy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mouth wrote:
boredsurfin, As long as it is cold in Alps and the white stuff appears that is all that matters! SnowForecast.com is predicting snow down to 1250 in the coming week. Little Angel

Will the webcams work in the snow! Puzzled
Being so new I hope they do! Toofy Grin
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
boredsurfin, remember 24 sec past the hour -they will work.

Helen Beaumont, send me a pm and tell me all your news! Little Angel
snow report
 Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Quote:

boredsurfin, remember 24 sec past the hour -they will work.

If it was anyone else, I would be worried that you are studying them that closely Very Happy wink Very Happy
ski holidays
boredsurfin, well maybe I am??
latest report
Mouth, It's a very clever system. Have you noticed that some more of the interactive bits of the site are up and running now! This is paradiski 'Interactive ski ways.'
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
boredsurfin, Excellent - a great find!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mouth, I can safely say I am going to be Bored Surfing this evening and I will enjoy being bored!
snow report
boredsurfin, Me too! All I need is a glass of fleurie........ hic Little Angel
snow conditions
Mouth, My suppliers have had a special offer on Fleurie ............. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
I hope Rob@ rar.org notices that interactive skiway link 'cos it covers some of LesArc as well as La Plagne.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Sat 12-11-05 20:21; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
boredsurfin, No way!! Save some for xmas or next season. Put me down for a case...... hic Little Angel
ski holidays
Mouth, We just need Mr Bono to extract his digit! Sad
latest report
boredsurfin, Am lost????
ski holidays
Mouth, Sorry! I mean the builders need to get a move on! (I thought his name was Bono rolling eyes Embarassed )
latest report
 brian
brian
Mouth wrote:
boredsurfin, As long as it is cold in Alps and the white stuff appears that is all that matters!

Wash yourself out with soap !

Even a poor alpine season will have plenty of skiing. It's Scotland that really needs a good season !

"To each according to his (frozen precipititave) needs" as Karl Marx was often heard to observe while straining a pint of 80/- through his beard snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy