Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Summer Skiing advice

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
In the summer (June/August/September) we (a group of about 10 18-19year olds, half skiers half not) are working our way across the south of France and into northern Italy sight seeing and beaching mainly, but as we're going through the Alps to get to Turin I thought it'd be nice to get a couple of days skiing in,

Firstly where's the best place to go (Les Deux Alpes?) for skiing and other mountain/watersports activities?
Secondly are there any camp sites with access to the glacier? (bearing in mind we'll be using trains, buses and our own two feet)

Cheers for your replies,
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There's a campsite in Tignes les Brev - not actually sure there's a shuttle from there up to the funi though.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yeah I had a look at that last night, quite cheap but I'm not sure how far it is to walk from there to the funicular (Piste maps aren't good for judging distances!), some of the lifts might be open for pedestrians which would make it easier but I can find a list of which ones!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It is NOT walkable really it is about 15 Km with a vertical climb of 500 m not something I would want to be doing with ski gear.

Andy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
anderoo wrote:
It is NOT walkable really it is about 15 Km with a vertical climb of 500 m not something I would want to be doing with ski gear.

Andy

That sounds doable with hired bikes (if there's a bike hire place..) and we can use them in the afternoons on the trails, being young an not being able to afford a car is annoying!

I've heard that there's a bus up from the next village, how far away is that?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Iaink, I think best campsite for L2A is Venosc. Gondola up to resort then 2 stages of Jandri Express up to glacier. I went last summer but didn't ski, there's loads going on, mountain biking, hiking, etc. Definitely water sports down in the valley at Bourg D'Oisans, may be some closer.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Tignes isn't really on the way to Turin is it. Les deux Alpes is. There is a campsite there too.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Iaink, the only lifts open in Tignes in the summer, other than the glacier ski area, are the Palafour chair and Aeroski bubble.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Colin B wrote:
Iaink, I think best campsite for L2A is Venosc. Gondola up to resort then 2 stages of Jandri Express up to glacier. I went last summer but didn't ski, there's loads going on, mountain biking, hiking, etc. Definitely water sports down in the valley at Bourg D'Oisans, may be some closer.

Sounds good, I'll look into it, depending on pricing we might just stick to non-skiing activities
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Iaink, Mountain biking is far more expensive than skiing. A half day (1 - 7 I think) for 2 of us last year cost £100+. Got to remember the bikes are about £2K.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
jimmjimm, Tignes - Col de l'Iseran, Col de Mont Cenis -> Turin. Beautiful drive.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Iaink wrote:
being young an not being able to afford a car is annoying!

Iaink, being young is never annoying Very Happy but you're obviously making use of it which is great to see
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
8611 wrote:
Iaink wrote:
being young an not being able to afford a car is annoying!

Iaink, being young is never annoying Very Happy but you're obviously making use of it which is great to see

It's just a bit frustrating because I was planning to get a car this year for stuff like this but the £2.5k insurance put me off, will get one next year though as I'm doing an industrial placement as part of my degree (read: decent wage Very Happy)

might have to be a bit less ambitious this year because travel is a bit of an issue (all campsites etc. along the way have to be within walking distance of a train station)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy