Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sizing kids skis for next season?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Obviously a mine field, but with end of season sales on and the Strolz rental cost of 48 Euro per week in Stuben meaning buying skis for my kids in the sale works out especially as the oldest passes them down, so I'll get 4 seasons out of each pair I reckon!

The past two years she was on 136cm skis, which are now just to her chin.

What have other parents done in such cases? would a 140 ski be ok for next year, or am I onto a hiding for nothing buying skis now!

Cheers,

greg
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
With my kids I find they will ski practically any length they are put on from chin upwards. So these comments are based on the notion that I know mine are competent little skiers This season they went onto the next size up and we bought in the summer last year skis that reached to the tops of their heads. They skied these fine and we hope that next year they won't reach below their chins - we might even get 3 seasons out of them if they don't do the beanpole thing too fast. I tend to reckon on mine growing at about 5cm per year. If you are looking for cost effective longevity, and you have reasonably competent skiers, I would advise going to head height, maybe at this time of year even 1-2cm above. In my experience they all tend to ski what they are provided with.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kitenski, it's a minefield like you say.

One year I completely misjudged it (or he grew too much Mad ) and as a result had new skis which were really a bit too short and so were probably skied for 4 days. Thankfully they were fairly cheap in the sales and I will likely recoup the cost on ebay.

I reckon if we get 3 weeks out of a ski plus any indoor stuff we are doing well, it's still cheaper than hiring and maybe he will stop growing so fast soon.

In your case I would go longer than a 140 for your daughter, if you can find a 140-something-ish suitable ski.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I tend to go up in a 10cm step once the old set are chin high ish with no complaints from the mini snowhead concerned. That way I get at least a year out of them.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
kitenski, Just out of interest - how good was the sale in Strolz and did they have discounts off their own made to measure boots??

With regards your question re skis - I've always bought them for the kids in sales and sell them on ebay once finished for around same price as bought Very Happy

PS Looked like you had decent enough snow in Stuben. Was very varied when we were in St Anton in early March and had been horrendously warm after we left.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
boabski, It was 70% off very expensive prices, we spent 5 mins looking around then left!! A friend got some Scott pants, discounted to 200 odd Euro then they sold them for about 100 due to a mark on them.

No discount on made to measure boots! they appear cheaper from Glide and Slide in the UK! Snow was great!!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Oh and as sarah says I don't think I've ever lost more than a quid or two and on one occasion sold second hand for for more than I paid new flogging the grown out of kit on ebay at the start of the next season.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
145 min scraping 150 for next season more so if twin tips.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
cheers all, will start checking some sites, any favourites apart from the usual snowandrock, ellis and edgeandwax?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
kitenski, Ski Bartlett have usually got some great deals on kids skis, especially twin tips. Glad stuben was good, again
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just bought some of these (but with the boys graphics) for the daughters freestyle training, very light soft fun ski, might be worth a look.

http://www.snowtraxstore.co.uk/k2-missy-skis-fastrack-7-binding
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy