Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

SCGB 2005 Report and Accounts - precis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The SCGB membership has increased by 11.1% for individuals and 11.5% for families during the year. And these figures would be net of losses of members in the year. Total membership is 30,714 and paying members ( units) are 18,340 whilst the latter was 17,259 in 2004 and this per my calculation is an increase of 6.26% !. Do not quite understand the quoted figures and can only surmise that it includes additional non-paying family members?

The following financial information per the Report and Accounts ( a public document available from Companies House )

Turnover ( sales) in the year was £3.5m sames as the previous year. Profit before tax was £26k ( 2004 = £67.5k ).

Balance sheet net worth = £2.7m effectively the freehold property of £2.4ml plus net current assets of £0.3k.

The new treasurer will be ( subject to election) Michael Bound and the new President will be ( subject to election) Robert Swan. Nominations to Council will be Gerry Aitken, Anne Croft, John Poynter and David Sterland.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sat 22-10-05 0:39; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
hibernia, Is there any breakdown of figures regarding debtors/creditors? Travel extra's comes to mind.
That's a sizeable reduction in profit. Is there any comment or notes in the account to explain it?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
boredsurfin, the Travelextras collapse occurred after the accounting date for these accounts (30/04/05). I think the only way next year's accounts will be affected will be a small drop in anticipted revenue from advertising and promoting Snowextras.

Creditors for the accounting year are shown under 2 columns: Group (£862,384) and Company (£757,215). I do not know the meaning of these 2 classifications. The corresopnding debtor figures are £156,698 and £204,819.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
From memory they've increased the age range on family memberships which would allow for an increased non paying membership but I'd be very surprised if that accounted for all of the increase
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It is true that, from 1 October, each SCGB family membership includes all members of a family up to 24 years (previously 18 years). This will clearly impact on 2005-6 gross membership figures, and subsequent years, but not the year in question - 2004-5 - which is reported in the 2005 Annual Report.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
boredsurfin - Nick has given you the figures for debtors and creditors and also the situation on Travelextra. I do not know the intracacies re the Travelextra arrangements with SCGB but if my understanding is correct the demise of Travelextra should have no adverse affect on the 2005/06 balance sheet of SCGB as any booking to Travelextras were direct to the car hire firm, etc and does not involve a liability or creditor on SCGB. In other words I though SCGB is a marketeer of Travelextra's services and does not get involved in the individual transactions.

Regarding the reduction in profit I would not worry about it as the SCGB works on a budgeting concept of a non-profit organisation in its activities so it ideally aims for either a small profit or loss and to maintain its non-tarding ( tax ) status . It is important that it does not strive to make a profit if you see what I mean. Break even is the ideal!.

Nick Zotov - A group comprises the main holding company, Ski Club of Great Britain Limited and all its subsidiary company ( there are two - Ski Club Services Limited which is dormant and Ski Club Winter Arrangements Limited which is a trading company providing skiing holidays for the main company - both are 100% subsidiaries of the holding comapny ).

David Goldsmith
- yes I agrree the impact in 2005/06 will be far greater than 2004/05 as this is a recent change which will be reflected in the next full years accounts to 30 April 2006. Part of the problem I think you will agree is the measuring of like with like so that one year is directly comparable with another.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
hibernia, Thank you.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy