Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chamonix is rubbish

Poster: A snowHead
Strung out, poor lifts, long queues, tracks out too fast.... I'd only been once this this season but my brother has good memories of Cham from back in the day so we headed to Grands Montets....

Arrived to a queue out the door for passes and an even longer one for the cable car - not a good start. Nipped round to the chair which is a faff but saved a bit of time to get up to Lognan. Alas 45min queue and no reservations left for the GM bin so we headed up Bochard. Snow looked good.... Traversed high on the ridge... Snow was great....

Must have been 25cm of light powder up there

Nice control...

Out of control...

Aiguille du midi and Mt Blanc

Stunning views coming up Retour Pendant

Great lunch in Refuge de Lognan

Clouds coming in but crowds disappearing so got in the queue for the GM bin. 30 mins later we headed down the frontside of the glacier and it was worth it...

Exploring the lower section

Lost in the cold smoke

Ok so Chamonix has its redeeming features....
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
wow brillant pictures, so envious. Enjoy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
+1

As always, some lovely stuff...good work.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I agree cham is total rubbish and should be avoided, I also only went once this year, for 12 weeks, wish I was still there.

Nice pics.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You've been on the continent too long. No hat Shocked Little Angel

Great pics
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yep, great morning, we enjoyed the Hearse bumps mostly, although Bichard cleArly fine. A few untracked (!) pockets of loveliness to be found.

And an excellent Menu du jour at the newish "La Remise" opposite the Tennis de l'ile.

Splendid day.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
under a new name, there used to be a La R'mise right on the road, on the right shortly before getting into Argentiere, coming from Chamonix. Has that gone? It was an unattractive location, but the food was terrific.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Pedantica, really? well, it's the same location but renovated and tarted up last year I think - as I certainly hadn't paid it any attention previously. The roadside location isn't amazing but the food is truly excellent.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Looks a lot better than my office..... Mad
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
under a new name, ah, great, I had many a delicious lunch there. It was a bit disappointing in warm, sunny weather, though: if you wanted to sit outside, it was basically in a car park overlooking the road!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Pedantica, they've now decked it and pit a clear glass sound/windbreak around it so it's rather more civilised I think.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
under a new name, right, that does it, another trip to Chamonix in the near future is required. Very Happy
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
BobinCH, sorry to hijack your thread, by the way. Fabulous photos as ever. Smile
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
BobinCH, I agree, absolute rubbish. People shouldn't go there, especially Refuge de Lognan, it just makes the queues worse. wink
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Then the series of annoying texts my brother sent me from Chamonix / Flaine is accurate. Gutted I couldn't make it out.

Is refuge Lognan the one skiers right as you come down the piste / off piste off the top lift where you don't join the track back to Hearse? Leading into a fun bit of off piste through trees that quickly turns to ice moguls when out of condition because of traffic? Have often looked at that place and been tempted to go in for a beer but have usually been on last run of day and anxious to get down, will have to investigate. Lunch affordable?
snow conditions
8611, yep, that's the place. Affordability not too bad but not sensational (from memory), though last time we were there you had to have booked in advance to have the daily special. Salads and cakes were excellent though.
ski holidays
They do a nice selection of myrtle pies. It's important not to go down too far off piste from here as there is a line of cliffs low down skiers right.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy