Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

boot sole lengths in different boots of the same size?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have new skis. I have new bindings.

The plan was not to mount them until I have my boots replaced at the start of next season. Now, the scottish snow gods have decided to deliver us with some white stuff, I'm very tempted to mount the new equipment and give the new planks a whirl.

My BSL in my current boots is 326 for a 28.5 boot size. Is this likely to vary very much with the new boots that would make mounting the skis now foolish?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Before my current salomon boots(24.5), with boot sole 284mm, my old head boots same size were 285mm, and while trying the salomons. it was a choice with something else (can't remember make) in the same size and i remember the boot sole was 282mm, as we were working out if my FKS bindings at the time could adjust to suit.

so not much as far as my experience....sure CEM was advise
latest report
 cran
cran
Shouldn't change by much...

Mine changed by 3mm and was easy enough to adjust the bindings.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you stay with the same mondo size it'll only be a few mm either way so shouldn't be a problem unless you have Pivot bindings are were mounted with their template as the Pivots only have 8mm of adjustment & the template was a few mm out in the fore/aft heel position.

However, what are the chances you'll downsize? I'd do a quick shell check to ascertain if that's likely & if it is I'd hold off mounting the bindings until you get new boots as that would affect both the mounting position as well as the boot length.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have size 24.5 boots, the sole length on my Salomon is 286mm (I think), last year I bought a pair of Fischer Soma and the sole length on that is 288mm. So pretty similar.
If I go up one size to 25.0, then most ski boots of this size has sole length in the region of 297mm.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
spyderjon wrote:

However, what are the chances you'll downsize? I'd do a quick shell check to ascertain if that's likely & if it is I'd hold off mounting the bindings until you get new boots as that would affect both the mounting position as well as the boot length.

That's a very good point. I downsized last time I changed boots and the BSL went from 334 to 326 for a half size change - but down one shell size. Both Salomon boots. So could be quite significant.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
shoogly,
Quote:
I have new skis. I have new bindings
No mention of new boots? If you are on your first pair of boots there is a fair chance that your originals were fitted for comfort and therefore a possibility that a new pair may well drop a size or two. It's not that uncommon for a drop when boots are fitted properly, and the subject of many posts elsewhere on SH. snowHead spyderjon, +1.

I should add, this is knowledge through experience, it happened to me, and I no longer like my ex-fave skis ;o(, luckily a newer, younger model has stepped up, providing me with much pleasure wink
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
spyderjon, uktrailmonster, Jivebaby, good point well made. This was the reason for me asking the original question, but I didn't explain very well... bad me Very Happy

New boots will be purchased when the new ranges come out in the new season. Very possible that my boots may go down a shell size.

I'll wait Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy