Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

PowerZone helmets

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
PowerZone helmets - Does anybody have any experience of these.

I've found some on Amazon (http://www.amazon.co.uk/PowerZone%C2%AE-DuelTM-Freeride-In-Mould-Standards/dp/B005O7CWZ0/ref=pd_sim_sbs_sg_5?tag=amz07b-21) and think I might take the plunge.

It's showing as a £90 saving, suggesting for a £100 initial value they should be good. But I've never seen or heard of them before.

Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
never ever ever judge anything by it's RRP, I can ALMOST guarantee that that helmet will never sell for above £30. judging by the fact that multiple sellers are selling it for ~£20 and nobody will mark something down that much if it's not a perishable/seasonable item.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
So we're thinking it's likely to explode around my head if I were to take a fall?

I guess the old saying, that if something is too good to be true it probably is, rings true.

Any recommendations for a reasonably priced skid lid?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
unlikely to explode, as I believe all helmets have to be tested before going on sale, but It'll most likely be the same quality if not less of other £20 helmets.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
shoosk, Welcome to SH:

You need to try a helmet on to ensure that it has a perfect, snug but comfortable fit. A loose one could inflict severe damage in the event of a collision, and apart from safety/comfort you need to ensure compatibility with goggles.

More to the point, do you really think it's a good idea to cut corners on a safety item that you buy effectively as a life preserver? rolling eyes

Also see this+ http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=86674&highlight= I've looked at it, and from the picture, IMO venting is compromised and overheating looks as if this could be an issue with this helmet. Try comparing it with a Giro 9 or 10 with adjustable fit and venting and you'll perhaps see what I mean.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Jivebaby wrote:
shoosk, Welcome to SH:

You need to try a helmet on to ensure that it has a perfect, snug but comfortable fit. A loose one could inflict severe damage in the event of a collision, and apart from safety/comfort you need to ensure compatibility with goggles.

More to the point, do you really think it's a good idea to cut corners on a safety item that you buy effectively as a life preserver? rolling eyes

Also see this+ http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=86674&highlight= I've looked at it, and from the picture, IMO venting is compromised and overheating looks as if this could be an issue with this helmet. Try comparing it with a Giro 9 or 10 with adjustable fit and venting and you'll perhaps see what I mean.
Jivebaby,

Thanks for the welcome and the link.

I'm pretty conscious of the fact that it's an important piece of equipment, but the bargain hunter in me was hoping something wouldn't hit the market without being suitable.

But having read the link, I think I'm almost certain that a trip to the ski shop, closer to my next ski holiday is a must.

You know how it is though I'm sure. Went on my first ski trip this year and have been bitten by the bug. Now trying to pull the kit together so I have to borrow less.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hmm, well it's passed the oh-so rigourous CE EN1077/8 standards tests so it's a helmet, and it's twenty quid... but my alarm bells are ringing on this one - listed as a bmx and ski helmet? Most high-end manufacturers don't make that claim. My rule of thumb is to google the brand, if you can't find the manufacturer by brand within a few pages, walk on by.

PowerZone search reveals lots of cheap sellers, no manufacturer, and the advanced In-Mould technology is basically injection moulding plastics for a smooth finish according to the owner of the trademark. They use it for blenders and motorola handsets too...
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If you're going to buy a helmet, buy one that you know will be made to a decent standard (it's not just a question of meeting the bare minimum standards for sale) eg. POC, Sweet, Giro, Dainese etc. Stuff that works. Fit is very important too, you really need to try them on to make sure they suit your head shape.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
although if it doesn't fit you can always return it.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy