Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Megeve B n B , small hotel

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Evening All,
Looking for any info/reccomendations for b + b or small hotel (reasonable price) for 5/7 days in Megeve for 1 person next winter. I know it's an expensive place but all help greatly appreciated - also is the best transfer from Geneva airport the Borini bus or are there alternatives ?
Thanks,
Briand6868
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Megeve hotels cost a packet! Even the bog standard 2 stars are both dodgy and expensive, they are NOT worth their prices. Have a look at Combloux or even Praz sur Arly, better priced accommodation. Combloux is also near the Princesse bubble that gets you into the system.

Other than that, hire a car and stay in Sallanches. (Not recommended!)
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Alpe Hotel.

http://www.alp-hotel.fr/

My other half always stays there, and rates it.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
theskibob wrote:

There are hotels other than the Ibis, I have stayed here several times.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
briand6868, might St Gervais be a consideration? If so, I can recommend either a very good catered chalet, or apartments right next to the gondola. Drop me a PM if that might work
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
rjs wrote:
theskibob wrote:

There are hotels other than the Ibis, I have stayed here several times.

The Orangerie, good call. Hotel de Paris (years ago) on the way up to Megeve, slightly run down used to have some sharks in large tanks. One of the better gastronomic experiences in my life, not the sharks, but the chef was outstanding (then!!)

I've stayed at a barn conversion just outside Megeve run by an English couple http://www.alpineskiholidays.com/property/skifarm.htm

VERY nice accommodation! Also worth a look at in Megeve..... Coin du Feu, Hotel Arly.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hello All, Thanks for the advice, looks like I can get sorted with Stanford - nice chalet,good price and free transfers.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We stayed in a lovely B&B a few years ago. Details here http://www.megeve.li/b_and_b_megeve.html. It was very close to the Le Jaillet sector and walkable to the other areas.

It was 70 euros per night for a double room and breakfast. We were the only people staying in the b&b and so had full use of the lounge and kitchen. The owner lived downstairs and came in in the morning to make breakfast. She was very friendly and helpful, despite my poor French.

We loved Megeve. Far too much for us to cover in the 3 days we had. Would like to return.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy