Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

In 15 words describe........

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Breckenridge

We are thinking of doing a one week trip next year. The kids will be staying with grandparents and we will be going with another couple. Our friend have been before (they have family there), so accomodation will be mates rates, but what can we expect from the resort?

The two blokes like to ski all day and are good intermediates. The two women (one progressing beginner and the other intermidiate) like to do a few runs, then relax for a bit, then maybe another run before another rest etc.

Any info/experiences of the resort are very welcome

Cheers
Smag
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Very high, watch out for HMS, can be cold generally short runs, great adavantage it is not far from Vail or Copper so take advantage.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Septics
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Altitude sickness.
Extreme cold.
Great skiing - not too demanding.
Night skiing at Keystone.
Quite charming village.

Ooops, that's 16 words... Smile
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
High, possibly cold, busy at holidays, high service, good grooming, some tougher stuff, dry snow
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Don't spend all your time skiing Breckenridge. Explore the other resorts nearby. Go. Enjoy.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Good ski town. Lower half mostly flat, Upper has good advanced terrain. Can be crowded.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I went there last year and the best tip i've ever been given is 'always..........
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Cynic wrote:
Very high, watch out for HMS.

I read that and wondered,'how high is it?' so I looked on Snow-Forecast. Apparently the bottom lift is at 2,925m - wow!! can that be right?? Does any other resort have a higher bottom lift?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Altitude will get you however fit, great for intermediates, outdoor hot tubs, factory shops at Silverthorne
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Did mean AMS, drink lots of Gatorade and cut down at least 50% on alchohol in the first 3 days.

Vail IMO is the best resort in the world, so please go if it has snowed.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks for the replies guys
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
If you want a 1000 words, this thread has some pictures and video
http://www.epicski.com/t/111658/mefree-ma-nastar-and-free-skiing#post_1450430
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Red Leon wrote:
Cynic wrote:
Very high, watch out for HMS.

I read that and wondered,'how high is it?' so I looked on Snow-Forecast. Apparently the bottom lift is at 2,925m - wow!! can that be right?? Does any other resort have a higher bottom lift?

Yes, about 30 minutes from Breck, A-Basin and Loveland both have higher bases at around 3,200 m
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Apparently Ibuprofen is very good for altitude sickness.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy