Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where's the competition - was it false advertising by snowHeads???

Poster: A snowHead
Hi there,

I am new here today and when I was looking to sign up there was a feed going across the page saying sign up to win a holiday to Zermatt. Indeed it was the main reason I did. I have looked around for this competition but can't find anything other a conversation about a month old which could relate to this advert. Have I been misled into signing up wrongly?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Maria55, Sorry, you are a tad late, the competition has been gone and the prize has been claimed - you must have picked up an old feed. The sticky at the top of this forum explains how it all worked.

However, you now have the best prize on the planet - you are member of SH's and eligible to join us for assorted fun and SH's bashes - enjoy!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I think it is still there in the pre-log-in page...
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hmmmmm okay shame the feed hadn't been updated really, bit like how the logo at the top that goes across the part where it says I had a new message and it was fiddly to click on it. On the plus it was a really nice message from the people at SkiA apologising that I was accused of being a plant.

So the competition that was advertised has finished that's right is it? Okay I will go and find competitions to enter elsewhere.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Maria55, bye.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
achilles, Cor blimey your nice - no wonder people don't hang round here long
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
How strange Puzzled
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
achilles, Laughing Laughing

To be fair, I noticed it the other day but never managed to find it on the forum Crying or Very sad
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
AndAnotherThing.., you might well side with achilles, this place is clearly a "PRIVATE - Ski Club" full of clicky people in clicky groups!!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Maria55 wrote:
AndAnotherThing.., you might well side with achilles, this place is clearly a "PRIVATE - Ski Club" full of clicky people in clicky groups!!

And you will find that it is spel "clique " Smile whichever competition winning website you go to next , he he
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
And it's pronounced "cleek" not "click"
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And i bet you didn't realise that i had made a deliberate spelling mistake either, just to lighten the mood a bit Smile
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Anyway, nice to meet you Marie - do you come here often ?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Maria55, There are some on here that might present that image, but I for one would hope I've not been lobbed in with the rest of them. You're a bit prickly lass, but I think tonight with some reason, though those of us established on here do kind of see competitions as a bonus for membership rather than the reason for joining in the first place, so the wording in your OP here might have touched a nerve or two. Though I am sure SH's management does intend for them to draw in new members. It's a shame not all links have been updated though, but the comp. was genuine and the prize was def. won and the odds were surprisingly good.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Good grief - Thats it,hide behind your weirdo sign on names and attack a hard working mother who just wanted to have a chance to win something for her and her hubby. I bet you are computer geeks with milk bottle bottom glasses, stained trousers (who knows what with??) and translucent skin because you hide away in dark rooms all day because you can't face the real world as real people!!!
snow report
Megamum wrote:
Maria55, You're a bit prickly lass

Laughing
snow conditions
Maria55, my name is actually Alans Bath (I made up the deep bit) and I wouldn't dream of wearing stained trousers. And I got a bit of a tan today.
ski holidays
Megamum, you do seem to be they only voice of reason in this mess, shame you have to associate with them really - Well yes the feed was clearly there to encourage people like me to start with - probably in a hope of watering this lot down and it worked and I feel conned and now I also insulted by a bunch of faceless TWEPRPS!!! who don't even know me
ski holidays
Maria55, I like you...........I think I just stained my pants
ski holidays
Quote:

I bet you are computer geeks with milk bottle bottom glasses, stained trousers (who knows what with??) and translucent skin because you hide away in dark rooms all day because you can't face the real world as real people!!!

I resent that Shocked

I wear contact lens
snow report
Maria55, no wait, don't go. I think I love you.
snow report
andyph, OI......I saw her first, hands off
snow conditions
kooky, you can have her, so long as I can watch. Twisted Evil
ski holidays
andyph, jelly?
ski holidays
Quote:

Thats it,hide behind your weirdo sign on names

SoMaria55, is your real name Puzzled

SH is a very friendly and informative community, give it a chance you may like it. Like the real world (I have been there) you may find that going into a new social situation guns blazing won't win friends
latest report
kooky wrote:
andyph, jelly?

Jelly is reserved for meetings between Mrs Boris and Bob I've told you before
snow report
Maria55,
Quote:

I feel conned

I'm afraid you might have to live with that. The management in this place isn't a large number of people and they often get tied up for lots of time when the organise lots of trips. Sometimes things like updating the web pages don't get done as often as they should. As regular 'users' we do kind of get used to it, but I can see it would be off-putting and present the wrong image for a newcomer. However, getting defensive might not be the best way forwards - they are a sweet cuddly bunch when you get to know them.
snow report
kooky, on the contrary, I'm firming... Wait a minute, this isn't the bar, you nearly caught me out there. rolling eyes wink
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Boris, reserved for Mrs Boris and Bob Twisted Evil I thought the Jelly thing was just something that Brothers and Sisters shared - with ICECREAM!!
ski holidays
Maria55, Bloody hell, I thought I was agreeing with you.

But hang in there (here?) - this is the only 'laugh out loud' thread I've seen today, and I really do need the laughs at the mo snowHead
ski holidays
Megamum, is that an offer Cool
latest report
Admin have you stopped taking your medication............. again? You know you must take your medication. Would you like to talk about this? Tell me about your mother wink
snow report
random photo opportunity
snow conditions
Those binding look a bit loose

Jesus I'm old - so many other things there to notice rolling eyes But of course as I've never been out my parents basement I don't know what real women look like
ski holidays
Boris, I like her pom poms Madeye-Smiley
latest report
Hmmm, clearly set up foe rear entry Toofy Grin
snow report
kooky, I could help her wax
snow report
Maria55, Loving your work.... Toofy Grin
snow conditions
kooky wrote:
Maria55, I like you...........I think I just stained my pants

can I help you clean that up? NehNeh
latest report
Whooo Shimmy Alcott, wants to helpkooky, clean her pants

Mine are now rather filthy snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy