Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

White sheeting in Tignes??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

I have just been looking on the webcams in Tignes, forever hoping for snow! and just seen they have put down alot of what looks like white sheeting maybe plastic? Does anyone know what this is for?? Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled

Thanks.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
That wasn't there two days ago, they're all good to go ahead of the first snow now.

I think it's just to protect the grass.

Tennis nets are all down, tyres are out (to protect the surface beneath from the piste bashers), and in Val they've already marked out the nursery area.

Looks like the EK's in for some decent snowfall this weekend, maybe the base for the season.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The snow equivalent of painting grass green in drought conditions? To make it look like they have snow wink
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
HoneyBunny wrote:
....... tyres are out (to protect the surface beneath from the piste bashers)

I first spotted tyres lying around when I looked at the webcam at the top of the Toviere lift last year. I had no idea what they were there for - now I do!

I see there's a new (to me, anyway) covered 'magic carpet' (?) up from the bottom of the Trolles run. That'll mean there's no need to schuss the last bit of Trolles - but I'm sure we'll all do it anyway Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Red Leon, yes that magic carpet has been there a couple of seasons. That and the staggered netting doesn't stop selfish speed merchants schussing from Trolles, disregarding the safety of all potentially in their path. Fatalities and life changing injuries have resulted in recent seasons. IMO piste patrollers should be watching and confiscating the passes of offenders. Evil or Very Mad Don't get me started!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@intermediate, No it hasn't, it's brand new, they only finished building it a couple of weeks ago. The old magic carpet has been dismantled and replaced by a new, covered one which is longer (and hopefully a bit quicker!!).

See?

http://www.tignes.co.uk/webcam.htm

It's really not possible to schuss the last bit of Trolles at any great speed since they put the chicanes in, for that purpose. Not like people did before, anyway - they were straightlining it from just below the ridge!!

BTW the Rosset chair's been replaced by a new chair as well.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
You don't need to get up the hill at the end of Trolles any more anyway. The new lift station is at the bottom of the wee slope.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Does anyone know when the Rosset chair lift will be completed? I was a great little run last time we went Razz [/quote]
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
^ before the new season starts Floss..

@stevomcd, You do if you want the Palafour chair...
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@HoneyBunny, thanks, glad to learn Tignes investing steadily in new lifts. I've still had schussers cut me up through the netting chicane. One went over my skis, out of control, and I wasn't hanging around. I think a snake-filled pit covered by a trap door, opened automatically by anyone over the speed limit, should do the trick. I have a good look behind me up Trolles before setting off since chicane put in.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@stevomcd, You do to get to chez moi - looking forward to the new magic carpet - shame it doesn't run up the footpath to the Alpaka. Very Happy
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
chocksaway wrote:
@stevomcd, You do to get to chez moi - looking forward to the new magic carpet - shame it doesn't run up the footpath to the Alpaka. Very Happy

French would argue it'd be cheaper to move the Alpaka down to piste-side. Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The new magic carpet looks good, especially as we're booked at Le Aguille In Jan
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy