Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pin Bindings Sizes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All, Not sure if this question best asked here or in Off Piste but I am in the process of buying a technical/PIN binding for a touring set up. Perhaps a silly question, but if I have a 99m waist ski I presume I need a binding that is bigger than this e.g a 102mm binding. Not sure what the tolerances are like. Should I go to the next size up which is a 107mm. I am looking at the ATK range and I am quite a big guy at 194cm and around 100Kg. I though that the ATK Raider 13 might fit the bill but I see that there is also an Evo15 also out there. Amy advice and guidance on the above would be very much appreciated as hopefully get them in some sort of Black Friday sale.
Thanks

FAL
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@fasterafterlunch, On the Evo models you want the 102mm brakes for a 99mm ski. There's no difference between all the Evo models except for the din range.

You most definitely need the Evo Freeride Spacer Kit on a ski of that width, especially if you're a big guy.

When checking prices note that the Evo 15 comes with the Freeride Spacer Kit included in the price whereas with the 11/13 versions the Evo Freeride Spacer Kit has to be purchased separately - and due to a quirk in ATK's pricing the 15 could be a tad cheaper providing you're ok with a min din of 7 - but that should be ok with you're stats. A decent ATK dealer ( wink) will offer the 11/13 c/w the FSK at a package price to match that 15 so that lower din users don't loose out.

Remember that if buying online that the internet can't mount bindings and you need to allow for the cost of that, plus the time/cost of getting to/from a knowledgeable store that has an ATK jig along with how (in the rare event) a warranty issue would be handled.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Really helpful and prompt reply SpyderJon. Will check out The Piste Office. It has been mentioned several places before and obviously has a great reputation. Thanks again
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy