Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

help needed - setting forward pressure correctly on rossi fks platfoms

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've got some Rossignol Oversize Ti 9s, which have the gold and black FKS-style bindings - ie rotating platform. Thing is....there's no consensus on how to set the forward pressure. I tend to set it up so that the wings on the front binding just open a tiny fraction, but no tech has the same approach to doing it. Any advice out there?...

...many thanks....
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
valais2, here's how I set up Pivot bindings or the instructions I supply with mail ordered Pivots:

The extending arms have 3 knurled bands on them. The two outer ones are the upper and lower limits. The centre one is the ideal.

Extending the arms eases off the forward pressure and shortening the arms increases it. The dildo needs to be raised (the boot should be in the binding) to access the no.3 pozi driver heads in the ends of the arms.

A maximum of 8mm adjustment can be made between the two outer bands so when mounting set the template length to your exact boot sole length.

The target should be to have the sloping indicator at the rear of the base plate in line with the notches but this is very often inaccurate (ie no movement in the indicator even though the binding length has been adjusted) so the best method/test is to set the forward pressure so that when the heel piece lever is slowly raised to just past half-way it then it ‘snaps’ up.

As a further check, & with the boot in the binding, grab the dildo part and rotate/pivot it. Basically you want to tighten it (the forward pressure) up until you no longer get significant rotation/play when doing this.

Hope this helps.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
spyderjon, this certainly does help...very many thanks...glad to have the voice of deep experience talking! Not as easy as the 'metal tab in the window' (salomon hire bindings), tab between the markers (most other salomon) or 'screw flush with the recess (you know who) - so very useful to have this stored in the forward pressure memory bank. The previous 'blind guess method for FKS' is now usefully replaced by a method which is robust. Very many thanks Tim
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy