Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Great Binding for an All Mountain Twintip

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi folks I'm new to here and looking for some advice...

Got myself some sweet new 171 All Mountain Twintips (125,93,118) and am looking for a dependable binding to suit my skiing - Park 20% Piste 40% Backcountry 40%

Problem is my budget is sub £90...!

Is this realistic and can anyone help me by recommending something??

Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
check out tyrolia, they make some cheap bindings but personally i'd just spend an extra £30/40 and get some look pivots, you might even be able to get some old rossi fks's that are used really cheaply.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes saw some pivots - will look again if I find nothing in my budget... Thanx
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yes pivots are really nice bindings and everything but the breaks do break rather easily and they cost $$$ to get fixed. Plus not every shop is going to stock replacement parts.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
iainrc, welcome to snowheads Very Happy

mag1882, Old FKS would have narrow brakes, his skis are 93mm in the centre, so bending to do..........

iainrc have sent you a pm (see send / receive messages in top right corner of screen) with something that may interest you? Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
iainrc, I have some Tyrolia Peak 18s I can do for your budget.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
iainrc, Look no further than Ellis Brigham, I think I saw the Peak 12 binding with a 97mm brake for £73- bargain, as I bought these two weeks ago for £105 and they will fit them for free.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
carroz, Bendings never a problem with such narrow skis, and even having to buy replacement brakes would be still worth it, you can get em pretty easily online
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
mag1882, Oh really.............Old FKS didn't have brakes wider then 78mm. To bend FKS brakes properly you have to take the whole base plate apart, which is perfectly possible, but a right fiddle, i have done enough of them, there is a video guide on TGR. Yes you can get various wide brakes now for FKS, (only recently however) but you have to buy the whole base plate with the brakes. At £75 a set!! (from spyderjon on here) as the budget is sub £90............
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
spyderjon isn't in all cases(and I'm not sure if at all, don't really but things from him) the cheapest person to buy from, you can almost guarantee somebody on newschoolers will have a cheap set of brakes they'll give, but I'm pretty sure you could bend the fks to 93, as brakes are generally stated as less than they are, so they're probably currently at least 80, correct me if I'm wrong please.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
mag1882, sorry your wrong, i have a pair of old type world cup fks, new in a box, the brakes are 78mm, (and tight at that) you can splay them out to fit just over 80mm, but they usually rub. The even older ones are only 73mm. If you force them while still in the base plate you usually break something. Wide brakes for FKS are like rocking horse droppings, and they will have been bent by someone. Up until recently rossignol would not sell the brakes separately, I asked at sallanches after sales last winter.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
carroz, thanks. Only been skiing a year so I guess I shouldn't really be giving that much advice.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
mag1882, the tutorial is here

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php/24647-P18-Wide-Brakes-Tutorial-%28with-pictures!%29

the spring is the tricky bit
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
yeah there's a video tutorial on newschoolers I just havn't got round to watching it as I have no need for it, but cheers.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks Guys - got what I needed.... Laughing
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy