Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Recommendation for 2013 ...Italy???

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A group of 8 of us have skied Andorra(pas de la casa) the last 3 years ,so we are after a change.I'm after some recommendation for 2013 ,I was thinking possible Italy as lift passes,ski hire etc seem a little cheaper.

We are all blue/red run skiers/boarders and have been drawn towards sestriere and surrounding areas due to transfer times

thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You would all love the Dolomites I'm sure -great scenery, food, miles of blue and red runs and Selva is only 90 mins from Innsbruck airport
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
OK it's a self pug wink wink

We have a new hotel for next year (we took the whole place as it's only small)

Details here
http://www.folgarida.co.uk/pages/madonna_hotel_alpina.html

Blue and red skiers/boarders honestly would be ideal for Madonna.
It's got what must be the biggest board park in the whole of Europe (well I've never never seen anything bigger).
Shed loads of easy off/side of piste and cheap cafes and bars.
etc

End of plug Toofy Grin
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
pjd wrote:
You would all love the Dolomites I'm sure -great scenery, food, miles of blue and red runs and Selva is only 90 mins from Innsbruck airport

I did look at Dolomites but everywhere was showing a 3+ hour transfer..thanks for that
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
wasley,
Quote:

I did look at Dolomites but everywhere was showing a 3+ hour transfer..thanks for that

Yes if you fly to Milano, but as pjd, says from Innsbruck 1h30min driving,,
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It does depend on where you are going in the Dolomites. This year we crossed the Brenner at 7.30 pm and arived in Arabba at 9.30. Very little traffic but the route over the 242 from the motorway via Ortisei is very twisty.
So, about 2.5 hours on a good day from Innsbruck. A clear road and little traffic.
Two years ago we flew to Venice, destination also Arabba. Yes, that was about 3 hours as I remember and an easier drive.
I would definitely recommend the Sella area to anyone not looking for extream stuff. Dolomite Superski pass £207 for 6 days this year. Not cheap but a massive area is covered.
Compared to St Anton which we visited for our second week, snowboarders not much in evidence. Flatter harder pistes and little off piste (this year) perhaps not suiting them so well.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I scarcely know the Dolomites but I do remember Cortina being a very easy drive from Venice. About 2 hours from the airport.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Via Lattea pass is pretty cheap, staying in sesteriere would give you decent acess to the whole network including skiing over to France. Stayed in Sauze D'oux myself and found it to be pleasant and cheaper then the big french resorts. The lift system isn't the best on this side, however it gives easy access to some decent red runs. Snow making is limited.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
wasley,
Quote:

Dolomites are well worth 2-3 hours on a bus.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
If you are used to Andorra, you'll be used to fairly short and gentle runs. I'd recommend Cervinia, short transfer from Turin or Milan, the slopes are long and wide, nothing too steep - pretty much on a par with Granvallira. You also have the bonus of being able to ski the Zermatt side.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Every skier should try the Dolomites at least once.

The epitome I think, of the perfect rounded ski holiday. It blew me away after 40 years of French, Austrain and Swiss skiing. Not steep, but very beautiful ski tourism, fabulous scenery, zillions of miles of lovely piste, awe inspiring history and superb mountain restaurants snowHead

Just 6 days to go !
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy