Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

K2 AMP Charger 2011/12

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

Does anyone know anything about this years K2 AMP chargers? I am off skiing in 3 weeks and was planning on waiting until I got to resort to buy a pair so I could try a few different models, but have had my eye on these skis which have now been reduced in the S+R sale. Now I am very tempted! I just wanted to know if anyone has tried these/own these and what your experiences of them are?

Thanks,
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Here's a test in german

Although it comes in at 10th place out of 12 the first 11 are very close.
http://www.testberichte.de/a/ski/magazin/skimagazin-5-2011/292671.html

German translator
http://babelfish.yahoo.com/

Quote:
The only ski, which had a genuine tip Rocker, could convince the testers particularly in the variant-rich area. For its versatility the AMP Charger obtained a good value. On the piste the ski was described however as somewhat jerky, and the values for Carving factor, edge grasp and speed ability were rather below average. …
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for the reply. I have since been into S+R and they have recommended either the Nordica Firearrow or K2 Aftershock. Does anyone know about these?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Aftershocks are wider (at 86mm) than Chargers (at 74mm) so will be worse on piste... What kind of skiing are you looking to do?

I skiied some Rictors for a day last year (80mm, so sit between the two in the range) and I found them pretty easy to carve tbh. Although that might have been more to do with the fact that the edges were actually sharp unlike my Bandit B78s which were pretty blunt... They were too short for me (tried them in 160 IIRC) which was pretty fun for a bit (spinny and easy to turn) but I'd go longer if I was buying.

Personally, I would have thought the Chargers will be fine for general hooning about...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
smithy05,

If you give us the following details, we will probably be able to help you more.

Skier height / weight
Level of skier (be honest) http://www.insideoutskiing.com/level.html
What sort of terrain do you want to ski with the skis e.g. Piste, offpiste, Powder, bumps, etc.

PS I forgot to say earlier, welcome to snowheads.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi DB, thanks for the welcome. I am 196cm and 90kg, so have been looking at the 181cm K2s. On that scale I am either a level 7/8. Ski the majority of the time on the piste, but want to start skiing some more off piste as i progress.

S&R were recommending the Nordica's over the K2's, despite the Nordica's being cheaper. I am leaning towards the K2's however.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy