Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Italy Resorts 11/12

Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys

Anyone out at any of the Italian resorts? (Courmayeur, Madesimo, Passo Tonale, La Thuile or Monterosa). Any snow landed yet like the Alps/Ski Amade?

Ol
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Snow on the webcams for the Dolomites, prob won't last long but hey its white snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nice view of the Marmolada glacier in the Dolomites

http://www.altabadia.org/en-US/webcam_alta_badia_dolomites.html?idblock=1295
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
So I've literally just booked Madonna Di Campiglio for 15th January so it must be time to start panicing about snow cover, right? Laughing Still it's all white on the webcam today... snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Looked like a dusting in Cervinia this week just gone.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Snow in Pila already
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Seems to be snowing in Monterosa !

http://www.monterosa-ski.com/en/estate/Emozione/Webcam-03.html
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
There's a bit of the white stuff on Danterceppies in Selva this morning snowHead

http://www.danterceppies.it/
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The cams in Folgarida showing some nice early fall snowHead and slopes above Madonna looking good snowHead
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Staying near tonale on 15 dec to get a bit of early skiing in, hopefully. I know I shouldn't but I'm glued to the webcams everyday!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Nice chalky pistes at Cervinia today - upper 2/3 of the mountain open - nice and quiet this time of year
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Cervinia: Looking for some reassurance that it will snow and everything will be open from boxing day. Anyone have inside info please. Many thanks
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ten, no one can honestly give you that reassurance. In saying that, they have some stuff open already.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'm hoping it starts quickly, we're heading out to Pozza Di Fassa on christmas eve.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Pila, Aosta valley is due to open 9th Dec as planned
latest report
Ten wrote:
Anyone have inside info please. Many thanks

Only God...
ski holidays
homers double, I wouldn't worry too much about Pozza, they have made a pile of snow ready to spread out on 23/12 in anticipation of your arrival.

http://srv2.realcam.it/live/pub/24-1.jpg

Toofy Grin
latest report
Was in Cervinia last weekend - the snow was surprisingly good. In fact, the pistes were mostly in awesome condition - no brown patches (except one or two down low in the valtournenche sector), pretty smooth and not at all scratchy or icy. We were lucky enough to head over towards Valtournenche on the first day that sector had opened, and spent 3 hours skiing untracked powder.

You can't ski below Plan Maison, but all things considered (like the fact that the last snowfall had been on the 6th!) the snow was amazing. Zermatt wasn't in quite such good condition, and very busy. As long as Cervinia gets a top-up in the next couple of weeks it should still be in excellent condition for Christmas.
snow conditions
looks like pila has opened today and there is skiing on the upper slopes...... and the forecast for the coming week is looking very promising!! snowHead
ski holidays
Skied cervinia on and off last week and the snow on piste was awesome! Hardly anyone there barring a few 'Maestros-in-training'...
snow conditions
offpisteskiing, why thank you!

Oh, you mean the trainee instructors....fair enough.
latest report
anyone out in Madesimo, Gressoney/Champoluc/Alagna, or nearby?

If so, how's it looking out there at the mo with the snow we've had over past couple of days?
snow report
Any news of snow for the Piemonte area?

Snow please?

Make it snow!!
latest report
Passo Tonale anyone?
latest report
Cervinia update anyone?

Does anyone have links to a decent long term forecast for Cervinia?
snow conditions
ditto re Cervinia. Although I'm feeling better about it now it is actually snowing a bit.
snow report
Looking ok, but anything more than a day or two off is just guess work... http://www.yr.no/place/Italy/Aosta_Valley/Breuil-Cervinia~3181545/long.html
snow report
Ten wrote:
ditto re Cervinia. Although I'm feeling better about it now it is actually snowing a bit.

Snow in Cervinia has never been in doubt! I was only worrying about having it down to resort level so that it looked nice and enabling me to be able to ski to the door!!!!!!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
maidstone98, champoluc looked to get a dusting at Crest level today, - but the main falls were on the western side of Mont Blanc (as you'd expect with North Westerly currents).
latest report
La Thuile update anyone??? Smile
latest report
I am new to this forum or any forum for that matter he he
Very Happy
snow conditions
Cervinia looking absolutely amazong today....

http://www.cervinia.it/static_webcam_en.html

Loads of snow and blue skies!

Only 18 more sleeps, I can't wait!

Pete
snow report
jd1960, Welcome. We don't have anybody actually in that end of the Aosta valley, but Dwarf Vader, will be reporting in from La Rosiere quite soon, I think.

snowHead
ski holidays
PeteMan wrote:
Cervinia looking absolutely amazong today....

http://www.cervinia.it/static_webcam_en.html

Loads of snow and blue skies!

Only 18 more sleeps, I can't wait!

Pete

I was in Cervinia over the weekend. Conditions were phenomenal even before the big dump on Sunday night. Monday was fab, fresh powder everywhere. You still couldn't go below Plan Maison but thats probably changed now.
latest report
My next door neighbour was due to be heading to Passo Tonale on a school trip (lad and Dad) at the weekend. The company organising have moved them to Isola 2000 due to lack of snow in PT.
snow conditions
Light dusting of snow spotted on Col Raiser, Val Gardena webcam, MORE please snowHead
snow report
Slight bit of unintentional misinformation from me. Apparently the neighbour wasn't going to Passo Tonale, but another Italian resort beginning with P (they really had no clue!), turns out it's Prato Nevoso
snow conditions
Quote:

Slight bit of unintentional misinformation from me. Apparently the neighbour wasn't going to Passo Tonale, but another Italian resort beginning with P (they really had no clue!), turns out it's Prato Nevoso

And that is EXACTLY where I need the snow to fall, pray to the Snow Gods!!

(any chance of any falling there?)
snow conditions
Big fat snow flakes falling for the last 7 hours in bormio. Cant wait to ski tomorrow Very Happy
snow conditions
homers double wrote:
I'm hoping it starts quickly, we're heading out to Pozza Di Fassa on christmas eve.

have you heard anymore about the snow here? We are headed down on the 26th. I think I saw Selva di Gardena was open. Do you know how far that is from Pozza?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy