Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Conversation with Crystal

Poster: A snowHead
First post of my own- the L-plates are on!

We are off to Tignes on the 10th, and the tickets arrived the other day. Despite my efforts, one person's title was wrong- Mrs instead of Miss. Ooops Embarassed

So I rang them up to ask if we could change the title- yes, that's fine, says the lady, but our system won't allow anyone over the age of 12 to be on their system as a Miss- it will have to be Ms, she says.

That's funny, says I, because we added an extra friend on to our booking ages ago who is in her 50's and is a Miss, and her title is right on the tickets. I'll have to change her title to Ms too, comes the reply, but we won't charge you for the amendments!

End result- we won't need new tickets, even though some of the passenger titles don't match the passports.

Crystal- your booking system makes my head hurt- I didn't know whether to laugh or bang my head on the table. rolling eyes

Should I be worried that we will get to the airport and try to check-in...and get bad news?

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 24-02-12 23:57; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
MrSteve, as long as the actual name is right you'll be fine
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
MrSteve, Stop banging your head for a moment and open your passport - you'll find that it doesn't say Mr/Mrs/Miss/Ms/Dr/Lord etc. anywhere. If your passport is dark blue and has 'Mr Steve' handwritten in blue ink in a panel on the front, you need to get it renewed PDQ.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Sat 25-02-12 1:00; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just checked my passport...I see what you mean!

Have to say that Crystal have not been consistent with what they have told us.

When we first added the extra bod on, she appeared as a Ms on the revised invoice, which I queried as I had said it was Miss over the phone originally. They changed it to Miss and didn't charge us their £35 amendment fee. Fair enough- it was over the phone, so could have been misheard by the booking person. Seems like they are contradicting themselves now.

Let's hope this hol goes ok...I must keep reminding myself that it is a Crystal hol, so I shouldn't expect perfection. rolling eyes
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
MrSteve, Ive had a few hols with Crystal that were great. just one went wrong Laughing their customer support was pants so ive not used them ever again.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
MrSteve, For goodness sake calm down.

Look at the 3 pieces of official documentation that you are likely to be carrying. Your passport doesn't have any designation (Mr/Mrs/Miss etc). Nor does your Driving Licence. EHIC Card doesn't either. Although I appreciate that for some people, Ms/Miss/Mrs is important to them, officialdom stopped bothering about this years ago. I'm sure Crystal don't give a ... either.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mrs Steve, No you'll be fine. I've seen, amongst friends and family, surnames spelled incorrectly, first and second Christian names transposed without an issue.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
MrSteve wrote:
but our system won't allow anyone over the age of 12 to be on their system as a Miss- it will have to be Ms, she says.

Well it did at Christmas,as my daughters tickets etc all said Miss on them,as well as the confirmation I've just checked.And she is 15 Confused
So long as the 'actual' names are correct you will be fine.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I have just checked and their online booking system does not permit His Royal Highness either. So it looks as if I will have to cancel the chalet I booked in Klosters

It appears that the French are abandoning this discrimination on the married status of women altogether. Madmonselles are being phased out.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'm a Miss, but I'm not offended by Ms. As long as no one calls me Mrs I'm happy.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I feel so much better after reading these posts. Thanks everyone!

I think this will be the only group hol I organise though- next time I think it will be a case of deciding resort and dates and everyone can sort themselves out. Laughing
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Had a similar issue with Virgin that I have been battling with them for months over... To cut a very long story short...

We booked 5 people with Virgin to Banff. Messed up the booking. Booked a "Dr" as a "Mr".
Called Virgin a few days later to correct it. They said I would have to pay. I said "No thanks, I'll leave it then". They said "You won't be allowed to travel". I said "I'll take the risk".
A week later I received an "amended booking" letter. They had changed a random person to a "Dr" and the "Dr" was still a "Mr".
I phoned them. They said I would have to pay £110 to correct it. I said "Leave it".
I then got a bill in the post for £110.

10 phonecalls and about 20 emails of complaint later, I finally get through to a Manager and discover that although I have been charged £110 - no details on the actual flight booking were ever actually amended. Basically I had been lied to and conned. She apologised profusely and wiped the "outstanding balance" as a "gesture of goodwill" !!!

So, up shot is that Virgin say I will have check-in problems as the Titles are incorrect. I say this is bull. Air Canada website say that for e-tickets incorrect titles do not matter at all. Nor do things like "Rob" instead of "Robert".

I think we will be fine.... but will know for sure in 13 days!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I know a load of none medical Drs, none of who use Dr on flight bookings to avoid confusion when another passenger keels over mid air. None have ever had a problem.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Folks, just book as Mr/Mrs/Ms. None of the official ID that you have (Passport/Drivers License/EHIC Card) bears any title, so why complicate matters? If you do make a mistake, unless it's one of gender, just leave it. Check-in at Virgin/Crystal etc cannot demand to see your certificates and your ID doesn't state anything anyway.

Phoning them up just seems like presenting them with an opportunity to add on a charge. The call centre agent is probably on a minimum wage and will jump at the chance to earn some extra commission by charging an amendment fee or two.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I once travelled on my mum's plane ticket to Glasgow because she couldn't go on the trip - she's a Mrs S Pars..... and I'm a Miss or Ms S Pars..... - had no problem whatsoever - my dad did, however, have the small kitchen knife he had put in his hand luggage (for cutting limes for our G&Ts) confiscated at security - LOL!
latest report
johnE wrote:
Madmonselles are being phased out.

This must come as a blow for young men. What happened to "thank heaven for little girls".

Back on subject I made a mistake booking on Paddy Air and inadvertently booked my wife as 'mr'. The flight cost £15 all inc. It would have cost a fortune to change it to 'mrs'. I could have rebooked the flight for a pittance but on researching the matter I found the title is immaterial. There was no problem.
snow conditions
I accidentally put the OH down as 'Mr' on a booking with Jet2 last year. Absolutely no problems whatsoever at check in. You'll be fine.
snow conditions
MrSteve wrote:
I must keep reminding myself that it is a Crystal hol, so I shouldn't expect perfection. rolling eyes

Hmm, that's a little concerning.

I have noted your comments "MrSteve" and have passed on to our Groups team.

I hope you find that the holiday experience over-delivers for you!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy