Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Solo boarder in need of spare place/accom/buddy 11-18 March (France)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Snowheads,

I booked a flight to Lyon last night and need to figure out the rest now, I was thinking of trying to get to Tignes, or Three Valleys, or anywhere with good snow and bit going on. Arriving Sun 11th March about 9am and leave around same time on Sun 18th March, so if there's someone out there with a spare place in a chalet, great. Or, wants to share a room, great. Or, knows what to do, where to go, and wants to buddy me, great. Let me know.

I'm an actor/lecturer, in my mid-thirties, with a rare spare week on my hands. After a 5 year gap, I'm itching to get back on a board and be in the mountains, but I want to do it on the cheap, so budget ideas welcome.

Cheers,

Rob
Smile

email: ravesty@gmail.com
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Rob, if you decide on Chamonix I'm going to be there 9th til 19th march, solo female 32, snowboarder. was there last month for 2 weeks, its amazing!!! Razz
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
oh, great - thanks Michelle - was just looking at chamonix actually. need to get there cheap by jowl from Lyon - know of any transfer options that don't cost much - can take all day for all I care, I can read a book. def. hook up if I get there.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi Rob, I use Chamexpress from geneva, im sure they do from lyon too, its 28 euros each way but is door to door so very reliable, better to get there quick and keep your time for the slopes or pubs!!! i also am staying in an amazing hostel. its spacious, clean, great kitchen facilities, nice hot showers, 16 euros for a 4, 5 or 6 bed dorm. gite alpenrose, hardly any reviews of it online so was quiye wary but stayed in jan and its a hidden gem!!!! Razz you'll LOVE cham, there are tonnes of options where you can ski there and the apres ski is brilliant! Razz
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
michelle123 wrote:
Hi Rob, I use Chamexpress from geneva, im sure they do from lyon too, its 28 euros each way but is door to door so very reliable, better to get there quick and keep your time for the slopes or pubs!!! i also am staying in an amazing hostel. its spacious, clean, great kitchen facilities, nice hot showers, 16 euros for a 4, 5 or 6 bed dorm. gite alpenrose, hardly any reviews of it online so was quiye wary but stayed in jan and its a hidden gem!!!! Razz you'll LOVE cham, there are tonnes of options where you can ski there and the apres ski is brilliant! Razz

Hi Michelle - I'm a solo boarder looking to get away in march & Just stumbled upon your post, it sounds like it could work out quite cheap to do 10 days instead of the usual 6/7 if I stayed in this hostel.. I've always wanted to go for longer than the standard issue package...hope u dont mind but i have a couple of questions for you; how do you go about booking/checking availability on this hostel? website was in french and me no speaky! also what do you do for a ski pass for the periods you go there for and how much do you pay? it seems it's 50 euros a day which at 8-9 days certainly adds up..

cheers
max
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Maxew,
tag at bottom of Gite Alpenrose's home page allows you to convert it all to english.

Michelle123 - wow thanks for all the info think i might just have my holiday sorted
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy