Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Head Cam - Editing footage

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We have a Drift X170, no software came with it but I was able to use some editing software that we use to convert video to digital - Pinacle Studio 14.

However whilst the software seems great, it is complex and not easy to use and after several tries I have finally been able to convert my editing to DVD.
This has taken a long time and has several set backs...

The DVD won;t fast forward or rewind, it just jumps back to the start. It doesn;t work on all DVD players.

Whilst you can add 2 layers of sound, in addition to the sound track, the level & volume of each track is difficult to control and requires several runs through the section of footage to edit, tweek and finalise.

The footage played during editing is poor quality, so is difficult to play via the software on a small laptop screen and hence poor footage can be used or great quality footage cut out.

The manual whilst extensive is not a step by step instructional manual, so you can't find a flow of work to accomplish your required result.

Control of the editing was poor, difficult to feed both visual & sound in together, even with their standard off the shelf transisions.
There are many bells and whistles with this software but I found it all difficult to use and not user friendly.

So in short what editing software do all you other head cam users use & what are your thoughts ??

Noisey
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy