Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria & Dutch school holidays 2013

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I just got an email from tourist information with the school holiday dates for 2013

Semester holidays Austria:
Vienna, Lower Austria, Vorarlberg
02.02. to 09.02.2013

Burgenland, Tyrol, Salzburg, Carinthia
09.02. to 16.02.2013

Styria and Upper Austria
16.02. to 23.02.2013

Dutch crocus Holiday:

Region Central and North:
16.02. to 23.02.2013

Southern Region:
23.02. to 02.03.2013

Fasching
09.02 -16.2.2013
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We were thinking of Flachau for 9th Feb next year. Any idea what queues are like during Austrian holidays / Fasching? I think the Bavarian holidays are also that week!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
dking2001, megamum is there now. big queues at the achterjet but not so bad if you get there early. if you have a car you can nip round to the wagrain side in a few minutes

welcome to snowheads (and click the link in my signature if you like)
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi Holidayloverxx

We are thinking about the Ski Amade area ( Hocking Maria Alm) for our Feb half term next year which is week starting Sat16 Feb. I can see that we miss the Bavarian holidays but will clash with two areas of Austria and two dutch regions.
The web site i looked at for the dutch hols had all of holland of the week of 16 Feb so I am hoping that your info above is the more accurate one.
Have you any idea how busy the Ski Amade is likely to be that week ?
We thought we would go to Austria for a change as France is so expensive and we thought the Hockking area would be less busy than the French resorts during the French and Uk holidays - or am I wrong ?
According to the web there is only one zone out of 3 in France which is also on holiday this week.
Thank you for you help. I have found a suitable apartment for 6 and want to book while it is still availalbe ( a year ahead - crazy, I know!).
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
IwishICouldThinkOfAFabNam, ask in the Ski Amade Thread http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1984929#1984929 - Megamum is there this week.

This site shows 16th and 23rd Feb for different regions http://www.schoolvakanties-nederland.nl/schoolvakanties-2013.html

I don't know the Hochkonig at all, but folk in the Ski amade thread will - if you haven;t read that one yet there's loads of good into in there.

You're wise to book it now it you've found somewhere you like; subject to confirming the right date I have next year's UK half term booking for my apartment made already.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
holidayloverxx wrote:
IwishICouldThinkOfAFabNam, ask in the Ski Amade Thread http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1984929#1984929 - Megamum is there this week.

This site shows 16th and 23rd Feb for different regions http://www.schoolvakanties-nederland.nl/schoolvakanties-2013.html

I don't know the Hochkonig at all, but folk in the Ski amade thread will - if you haven;t read that one yet there's loads of good into in there.

You're wise to book it now it you've found somewhere you like; subject to confirming the right date I have next year's UK half term booking for my apartment made already.
Thanks holidayloverxx.
I did take a peek at your website and your apartment looks lovely - no wonder it gets booked up early. We are family of 5 so always need a room that will sleep 3 children. This is why we always have to book so early as so many apartments and hotels are more suited to familes of 4. Even the overnight stop on the way down has to be booked early !
Thanks for the info I will look at the thread you suggest.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
IwishICouldThinkOfAFabNam, Thanks snowHead (tell your friends....)
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy