Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Newbie Question - Do I have heel lift or not?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Bought my first boots + board after renting for the last couple of holidays. I got them fitted in the shop and went for 32 lashed fasttrack boots. The boots were heat molded to my foot as well. In the shop they felt fine but when I was up at Glencoe this week I noticed that they were a little bit looser around the ankles when stationary.

When I stand on my toes (with boot sole still on the ground, I can lift my heels about 1/2 cm inside the boot. But if I lean forward and roll onto my toes then my heel grips the boot perfectly. I bought some of those stop heel lift now pads but they make the heel so tight that it is painful.

Not sure if I have heel lift or not, when I am on the snowboard I don't feel my heels moving about at all really, just when I am standing still and I can move my feet a tiny bit if I stand on my tiptoes.

Is this normal?!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
nothing to worry about, unless you find it getting in the way of turns
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Take the liner out, put your foot inside, are your toes at the end with virtually no space? Put your foot in the boot shell - have you got less than 2 fingers space betwen heel and shell? If you can say yes then chances are your boots are the right size. In which case you're prob ok - its always possible to lift your heel a bit if you really try - but if you don't notice it when riding then s'no prob. Oh and do your boot liners and boots up reasonably tight - but not so your foot goes blue!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
And although it shouldn't be relied on, when you tighten your bindings it will inevitably tighten the shell which in turn will tighten the liner onto your foot. If your happy when your riding don't fret. Nice boot, heard some good reports on thirty two's!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the replies. Guess I dont have any heel lift (when riding) after all. Only one finger space with my foot in the boot without the liner.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy