Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Half term School ski trip - was Schladming NOW Bardonecchia, Italy

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Blimey, just had a note from our son's school, about a planned ski trip next seasons 1/2 term.
Originally it was going to be Schladming and I would like to thank all the people who kindly posted great info & advice about that resort, see: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1802590#1802590

However due to the large response they have had they have changed the holiday company to Ski Bound and the resort to Bardonecchia in Italy.
The response must be good as they are working on a first come first serve, as the demand still out strips supply !!
The hotel is billed as one built in 2006 for the winter olympics and is ski in & out, onto the piste.
They have been to the resort before and it sounds great, all inclusive & they guarantee that they can cater for skiers of all abilities with 5 hours of skiing a day.

So I need to get the slip handed back in soonest with a deposit.

Can anyone with experience of the resort please offer any advice / confirm it's suitability, even if it is to re-enforce my son;s excitement !! Little Angel Little Angel

Thanks
Noisey
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Noisey,

I used to live and work in Bardi so any questions just ask

Lucas
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
noisey, I've skied in Bardonecchia twice, and enjoyed the skiing a lot. Dependent on whether your son is a beginner or not, his lessons will be on (or start from....) the nursery slopes very close to the hotel I think you mean. Campo Smith is the base station and when I was there last, there was a lot of building work going on there for new hotels and apartments, so the location should be great. I skied there with two different groups encompassing everything from complete beginners up to very experienced and we all had enough to ski on for the week. IME the other side of the resort (Jafferau) had the best conditions with sunny, wide, long pistes and fewer people. I think your son would have a great time Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Lucas, Anniepen, Thanks, that is great, really promising.
He is quite a competant, intermediate skier, so he should have a great time. Laughing Laughing

Does anyone have experience of Ski Bound as well ?
How do you pronounce the resort name ??
Bard... on... e.. chia ??

Cheers Noisey
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
noisey, Been there too - it was good before they tarted up the infrastructure for the Torino Winter Olympics, so now it must be really good, especially for solid intermediates. He'll have fun! The local ski school was always good and spoke English well in my experience.

Ski Bound are solid and do what they do well - the hotel will possibly be staffed by Gap Year students under the leadership of an English Management team as this is a way they can slice some of their overheads down. I have friends and former students who worked for them and they had a good time. Ski Bound often take over the lease of a hotel and then put in their own staff - very common in France, not so easy to do in Austria.

Go on give him the deposit!

Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Samerberg Sue, Thanks, that sounds really positive - don't worry he went to school this morning with the deposit.
They are spreading the cost, in 3 further payments across the autumn term & new year, which seems sensible.

Just talking with a friend who's son has just come home with his school trip and it seems our son's school has the location & budget more in mind and it is very reasonable for 1/2 term full board in my book.

As the school are taking children from across 4 years, there is a chance he will be in a more advance group of older children and hopfeully will be able to teach me some new things if we can get away easter 2012....

Thanks.
Noisey
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
noisey wrote:
Lucas, Anniepen,
How do you pronounce the resort name ??
Bard... on... e.. chia ??

Cheers Noisey

Bar - donn - eckia

Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yes, Skibound are a very good operation. What was the total price? Coach or air?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
sorry to bring back an older post but....
Quote:

Skibound are a very good operation.

have to disagree....Our experience of skibound was quite different to this, when they failed to make the flight bookings to colorado for a party of 70 then tried to fob off a replacement trip to the east coast (low lying and wet) 4 weeks before departure, easter 2011. the school should have smelt a rat when they 'changed' the accomodation just before christmas and could not confirm flight refs. but I guess untill you get a bad experience you trust these people and their sales pitch. hopes for a 'once in a life time' trip for the kids was dashed. refund and small cash payment to cover expenditure already made in prep for the trip hardly compensated, certainly recieved no explaination or appology
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Noisey, my Son is booked for Austria (Saalbach/Hintergleem) this March for a school trip with SkiBound, so will obviously give you some feedback after that. We've had the presentation from them, seem very professional with everything as it should be. It is by coach travel with everything thrown in at £700. They just last week sent a letter to school stating due to missed overheads they have had to add £13 to each pupil's bill!!! Which obviously not very happy about! The school has taken majority of the payment leaving each pupil paying 3.99 each.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
simon94, hopefully your son will have a great trip as willl anyone else off to the snow with schools, however i think your experience of skibound
Quote:

seem very professional with everything as it should be

and
Quote:

due to missed overheads they have had to add £13 to each pupil's bill

is curiously reminiscent of our experience. just hope you get the trip.
I can't see why the school / you should have to pick up their mistake though. it strikes me that they take advantage of the desire of staff and parents not to dissapoint the kids to ensure that they don't lose out on their mistakes.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I am flabberghasted at the price of UK school ski trips. I've just paid £420 for our daughter to do a 10 day ski / educational trip to the southern Alps. I know we live in Belgium so there is no ferry/train to catch, but Austria and Italy are as far as travelling from Belgium to the French Alps, so why does a UK school trip cost almost twice the price?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy