Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Diesel not yet frozen

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Is there any truth to the urban myth that the diesel that is sold near mountain areas in winter has an anti gelling agent already added?
If so where is the best place to fill up near Les Arcs?
I believe you can get additives and add at time of fill ups, I've Benin looking and not been able to find any over here, any ideas?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes and no. Diesel sold throughout europe has anti-waxing agents added to it throughout the winter period that enable it to resist wax crystals forming until around -20 degrees C.

In the UK this often isn't sold until late on in the winter and sometimes not at all in the south.

If you buy your diesel near or in the Alps you can guarantee that they are selling winter diesel with ant waxing agents. Most of the petrol stations in cold parts sell bottles of additives that do the same.

best thing to do is to make sure you fill up in petrol stations in or near the alps.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ricfrench wrote:
If so where is the best place to fill up near Les Arcs?

Super U, BSM.

If it does freeze, just light a little fire under the tank - twigs and BBQ lighter.... take great care that is stays a 'little fire' though.

Pas problem. (;>)
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy