Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Four Star St Anton

Poster: A snowHead
About to drop a butt-clenching wodge of dosh on a Christmas stay at the Schwarzer Adler in St Anton, because my must haves for the holiday are

pool or at least sauna / hot tub
open fireplace bar / lounge
comfy bed
general feeling of plushness etc
snow

Any advice ? Alternatives ? Would go to Zermatt but have been there too many times now and the £/chuff is horrendous.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

Any advice ?

Don't mention the war.

Looks like you have it all sorted.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Staying in town is expensive.- but still probably alot less expensive than the eqivalent hotel in Zermatt! I really enjoyed my stay there and made the most of the swimming pool and spa facilities. The food and service is second to none. Being in the pedestrian zone you get a real feel of the vibe of the place.

Recommended.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Blewyn, highly recommended! It is a fabulous place and the spa facilities are superb.

Enjoy the pampering!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Blewyn, Have not stayed at the Schwarzer Adler but some of the lads always stay at The Post for the reasons you've stated. Have you thought about staying in St Christoph or Oberlech as a quieter more luxurious alternative. http://www.arlberghospiz.at/hotel-tyrol-austria.html for St Christoph of www.montana-oberlech.com for Oberlech. Stayed at the Montana twice and is fantastic. You could also consider the Mondschein and Hubertushof in Stuben as quiet alternatives.

Just how much apres ski will you be doing in St Anton? If you intend on maxing it, then perosnally I think 4/5 star luxury is a bit of a additional and dare I say, uneccessary, expense.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Can't max it anymore unfortunately - the spirit is willing but nodding off in a bar is just embarrassing. Better to respect my liver in thanks for its decades of faithful service, and take pleasure in a bit of luxury instead.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for the recommendations ! What do you think of Solden ? (they have snow already....bit worried about going to St Anton and finding I'm on a hiking holiday....
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

Alternatives ?

There are, but I doubt they are going to be any cheaper. You could look at the Arlberg, that's probably going to be a similar price, but I don't recal any log fires there when I popped in. The St Antonerhof fits your requirements but will certainly be more. The Sport Hotel might be slightly cheaper but it's not as "gemutlich". The Himmlhof also sounds nice but is pricey.

Have fun!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Blewyn, if you're not fussed about the apres - I would probably choose Stuben as a base. Stayed here a couple of years ago and thought it was excellent http://www.hubertushof.eu/english/service-navigation/home.html Stuben in my estimation gets around twice the snow of St Anton. You could also consider the Mondschein http://mondschein.com/en/skiing-holidays-at-arlberg/stuben-am-arlberg/# which my sister and family stayed at and loved too. These hotels will provide the same luxuries as those in St Anton but for a significant saving. Stuben well placed to ski the St Anton circuit and only a short bus/taxi ride to Zurs (5 mins).
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Bode Swiller wrote:
Quote:

Any advice ?

Don't mention the war.
The Austrians know that it was all the Germans fault, so it's OK to mention the war. Occasionally they acknowledge that they sent a guy to sort Germany out, but that's the sum total of their guilt in the whole business.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Blewyn, at your lux level I would recommend the Alte Post in St Anton over the Scwharzer Adler, have stayed at both when flush, though not recently. The Alte Post, not to be confused with the Post Hotel closeby, has a spa, don't think it has a pool, more gemultlich though, especially if you get a room in the old part.
As for snow, it's anybody's guess now, but St. Anton has an excellent snow record.
boabski, suggestion of the atmospheric Arlberg Hospiz at St. Christoph is an excellent one. Amongst the usual lux stuff it apparently has one of the finest wine cellar's in Europe! Sorry forgot about the liver!!
Steilhang, trouble is that guy became an army corporal who got rapid promotion after rapid promotion! What did happen to him in the end? Can't remember his name!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Blewyn, Worth looking at Lux Alpinae, Gletscherblick, Arlmont, Ehrenreich, Kertess, and Rosa Canina. Also Hotel Garni Arlberg in Stuben, great wellness.

New Mooser looks great too.....................http://www.mooserhotel.at/
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The new Mooser what a great location, but looks quite spartan inside. And could be quite noisy as I am assuming the Mooserwirt will continue as one of the biggest attractions in St.Anton- I'm a big fan! I don't know about the others, but the Kertess, where I have stayed is not in the same league, as "The Black Eagle". Looking at the longterm met chart, it looks like a big atlantic low pressure system will cross europe and push south bringing stormy conditions to the Alps. From the 10th/11th a high pressure will form again, hopefully there will have been a major dump of snow for it to create a sufficient base. High pressure sits there until 18th of the month, then looks like more snow on the way.(But who really knows!)

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Sat 3-12-11 18:23; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Spinout, I think the Mooser rooms are all soundproofed!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The Black Eagle

One of the best Hotels in the Alps.

Top Place.
snow conditions
sah wrote:
Quote:

Alternatives ?

The St Antonerhof fits your requirements but will certainly be more.

Have fun!

Yeah they wanted 920E per day !!!
latest report
stanton wrote:
The Black Eagle

One of the best Hotels in the Alps.

Top Place.

NOT
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy