Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chateaux D'Oex anyone been?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
HI, anyone been to Chateaux D'Oex?

my friend has an apartment there so I am able to stay for free. I was wondering what its like for an intermediate? looks like i might get bored fast, but the ski map shows the other areas near. Anyone been on the train to different areas? does it take long?
how much are ski passes?

any advise would be great snowHead
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
adam06, no we haven't but I shall wait to see what answers you get as we have a friend with an apartment there too and we are always being asked to stay. We have been through there on the train in the summer up to Gstaad and that is not far away. Lovely train trip.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
adam06, excellent for i/m and for balloons.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thats where we learnt to ski 30+ years ago, but also a great location with access to some serious stuff and some other 'interesting ' areas eg. Gstaad, best bit is the ski pass allows you to access the entire valley by train! It certainly is an experience. Great fun, just do it!
There is/was some really challenging stuff at Rougemont - which I see is now connected to Gstaad.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Fri 3-02-12 12:07; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
adam06 wrote:
HI, anyone been to Chateaux D'Oex?
my friend has an apartment there so I am able to stay for free. I was wondering what its like for an intermediate? looks like i might get bored fast, but the ski map shows the other areas near. Anyone been on the train to different areas? does it take long?
how much are ski passes?
any advise would be great snowHead

Hi - I had 3 nights in CD a couple of years ago. Had a really good time - it's a lovely place. Very friendly and low key, and some great restaurants. I enjoyed the local skiing although it is fairly limited, but there's tons more stuff that's very easy to access by train.
You can see how the trains link up with the resorts on the SkiRail Map of the Alps.
There's a sample of the map here http://rogerlascellesmaps.co.uk/SkiRail_Product_Information.aspx?area=SkiRail_Product_Information including the section around Chateau D'Oex.
Neil
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
adam06, Only been there in the summer but it's at one end of the Gstaad Region so I assume like Wengen you can probably either get a local pass or a whole region pass and just use the train to take you to the different centres.

If someone is kind enough to let you use their chalet go for it, I'm sure you will find plenty to do in the area
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
thanks all for the info Cool
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy